Monday, January 7, 2008

The end of 2007 plus more...

Well, we have come to the end of another year and started into a brand new one. I'm a little slow getting around to mentioning this new year because I just returned home from Ohio on Thursday evening. So I thought I would just highlight some of the events that took place in my life during the last year.

1.Katie Lynn came to us on December 26th of 2006 and so January of last year was a very busy time for us. We had so many visitors and well wishers. It was so nice. The meals that our church family provided were awesome and soooo needed. We truly appreciate each one who helped us during this time.

2.January was also very nice. We worked hard on the house. We put down our wood floor in place of the carpet. We have really enjoyed our new floor. The room looks much bigger. It does take a little extra time to clean, but it is well worth it.

3.February Patricia turned four years old. She was so excited to have a birthday. She also had a major step in her life...Preschool. She really enjoyed going once she got past the shyness and learned to make friends. I still say it was the best thing in the world for her. Also in February we had our annual Seabreeze Camp meeting. There are hundreds of people who show up for this special time of year. I for one was so encouraged by the messages I heard. We will be starting again the 7th of February this year and I'm so looking forward to the services. If your are in the area come and join us.

4.Tom received a promotion to Fore Man on the Surface Prep Crew. He loves the work but hates the hours away from home. He is working day turn and so that helps. He can call and talk to Patricia and me when he wants to.

5.My job kind of fizzled out. Construction has been going down hill for some time, and it reached us as well. At the end of the year I was only working 4-6 hours a week. There really was no need to work more. The jobs just weren't coming in. Now that the new year is here maybe it will change.

6.My sister Brenda came to live with my mom and was my babysitter for several months this past summer. My girls just loved her. She took good care of them. She went back to Ohio to live and we've missed her a lot. I'm so thankful she was able to spend time with the girls as they are growing so much.

7.We finally moved Katie into Patricia's room. This was a big step for me as she had been in our room for most of last year. We moved her in the Fall and she has done really well. They love to play together. Katie laughs all the time. She is so much fun. She loves for Patricia to carry her around. I run after them because unlike Katie I don't feel as comfortable with this as she does.

8.Katie has four teeth now. She got her teeth in November about three weeks apart. She can bite really hard. You have to be on your toes with that child. She still does not walk. I thought she would surely walk while we were in Ohio, but it didn't happen. She will make that accomplishment in the new year.

9.Tom and I celebrated our 6th anniversary in April. Tom turned 31 this last year and I turned 40. WOW!! It seems like only yesterday that I was graduating from high school and going to college. Time has surely flown.

10.I had a bad kidney infection last year. I was so sick for several days. The doctor said I could have lost my kidney on the right side. I didn't mean for it to go so long, I just thought it would go away. Any way, my family stepped right in and helped me out. Thanks to them!!

11.We went to a couple of places last year...Lion Country Safari, The WPB Zoo, The Jupiter Wild Life Sanctuary, several parks, the Aquarium and a few other places. We had so much fun this past summer seeing all of the new places. Patricia got to feed a Giraffe while at the Lion Country Safari. She thought that was neat.

12.Well I made it to number 12. I didn't think I would. So I will dedicate this one to the New Year...I have only one New Years Resolution. I want to be a better Mom, Daughter, Sister, Wife, Lover, and most of all, a better Christian and witness for Jesus. I don't want to take one little show of kindness for granted. I want to love my family more this year and learn to treat them better than I did last year. (not that I wasn't good to them last year, but there is always room for improvement)

I guess that about wraps it up. That's more than I've ever written I think...lol.

Oh, yes...I intend to wash my windows!!

3 comments:

Becky said...

What day in April is your Anniversary? Ours is the 22nd!

Stacey said...

Glad to know that your Christmas was wonderful! I am glad. I have finally started posting more often and actually put a few pictures on my blog. I'll figure it all out one day. Have a wonderful new year!!!!

Eileen said...

Thank you again for your comment on my blog. Looking forward to seeing Thursday evening at 6:00. Thanks for sharing.