Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Tuesday Ten

Ok. Here goes. Let's see if I can think of ten things to talk about today. HHHmmmmmmmmm :):)

1. We got up to a very cool morning. My mom said her temperature gage showed 64. To some of you that probably would be a warm front. We are so thankful for some cooler weather. I turned on the heat this morning because the floors are cool and I didn't want the girls to get cold.

2. Patricia wanted pancakes for breakfast and Katie will pretty much eat what ever is placed in front of her. So I made pancakes for the girls and boiled eggs for me. This diet I'm on calls for one boiled egg, but my sugar drops if I don't get enough to sustain it. I had two boiled eggs with one piece of toast.

3. While I was cooking the pancakes I decided to "kill two birds with one stone" and so I put the eggs on the back burner. My mom called and while I was on the phone with her the back burner caught on fire. I was almost in a panic. I bet the flames were 4-5 inches tall. I finally said to mom that I had to go and I grabbed the dish rag and began to beat the burner. When I got the flames beat down some I started blowing and finally got the flames out. Much to my dismay the bottom of my pan is black. I'll have to work hard to clean that off.

4. Katie was up at 8:10 this morning which is unusual for her. She usually sleeps until 9:00 or later. When she wakes up the whole house wakes up too. She yells and talks so loud that it's almost a scream. She is so funny. Patricia woke up about the same time and so my sleep time was over too. I like to sleep in as long as I can if the girls will let me. Once their awake you have to be up and on your "toes."

5. I promised Patricia a trip to Constitution Park today. We are going to go through McDonald's for lunch and then eat and play at the park. This park is really nice. It's shaded well and has a small park for the little ones and a bigger play area for the older kids. They also have a path that is paved all the way around and I think four trips around is a mile. I take advantage of that when I go. There is a basketball court, volleyball court, and skate boarding. It's pretty nice.

6. I called Tom last night and he said that the job was going well. They are in the process of bidding on another part of NASA and if they get it there will be work for a few more weeks there. That means Tom will be gone more but the money is good. I'm trying not to complain being here with the girls all week by myself because I know that he misses the girls and would rather be here than on the road. Sometimes duty calls...you know what I mean.

7. My niece and nephew received a Nintendo DS for Christmas. They are really cool! Patricia was so thrilled when she saw Johns and wanted to play it. Tom is now wanting to get her one for her birthday. I told him I thought she was a little young for it. I had never heard of them until I started reading about them on some of my friends blogs. I still didn't know what they were until Jonathan showed me his. Maybe when Patricia gets a little older. I just don't think she is mature enough yet for one.

8. Before Christmas Tom and I watched "The Christmas Shoe." We *sniff, sniff* cried! It was such a sad movie. Last night I watched the sequel. It was equally sad in parts but turned out to be a very good movie. There is a little bit of the "D" word in it. Our VCR will block out any unwanted words. Makes it a little easier to watch certain movies.

9. My husband hooked up his PlayStation 2 last weekend before leaving. My nephew had a game he wanted to play and Tom is a "sucker" for games. So he hooked it up and Patricia is having a blast playing "Pack man." She can only get about 2 minutes into the game before she dies and then she has to start over again. I told her she would just have to keep on trying. I don't have time to stand beside her and get her through all of the rough spots. She gets so upset with me for not helping her more. When things get to that point I make her put it away. I do help her if I have the time.

10. AAAhhhhh!! I made it to ten. Now what to talk about.....HHHmmmmm.....My fingers are drumming the table....Ok. I know. I'm going to try to wash my windows today. I will have to wait until Katie is down for her nap and then I will try to do this "horrible most disgusting job." You have no idea how much I dread this. I'm not a big "outdoorsy" kind of person. I'm fine cleaning inside, but I hate to go outside to clean. On the other hand, Tom and Patricia would live outside if they could. *wonder if Tricia would clean the windows for me* I better not try that. You know they have all these "labor laws" for kids....Let's not go there. That ranks right up there with "DO NOT SPANK YOUR CHILD, YOU WILL DAMAGE THEIR PERSONALITIES" crap. Ok. I better go.

Thanks for stopping by. God bless. See ya.

3 comments:

Mary Ellen said...

We got Michael a Nintendo DS for Christmas, the guy at the video store said he only recommends them for kids 8 and under because they are more expensive and delicate.

If you go on ebay you could buy her a Nintendo Gameboy much cheaper, they are much less apt to break and you can buy a lot of fun games for her age. That is what Kaitlyn and Ethan have and Patricia is the same age as Ethan.

Mary Ellen said...

They are actually called Gameboy SP, those are the newer kind - the regular Gameboy is a lot older. I would get her the SP. You may also be able to buy them at Walmart or Gamestop or other electronic stores - Gamestop sells used ones but they are guaranteed to work.

kayla said...

Wow, ten topics in one post. You are talented.
Beware of the men wanting to buy certain toys for their kids. Bigger boys, mean bigger toys.