Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Constitution Park

I promised the girls I would take them to the park for lunch and to play. Patricia was so excited about going, but Katie didn't even realize what was happening. We have a park South of us called Constitution Park. It's a very well kept facility. Today when we were there you could smell bleach. I'm not sure but I wondered if they don't clean all of the equipment with it to sanitize it. And then again it could be the chlorine in the water.
Any way we had a nice lunch and play time. I won't bore you with details. So here are some pictures of the girls and the park.

This picture is of the kiddie side.

This is the big kids side. This side is much bigger than the kiddie side.
If I were 4 yrs old, I would have to think long and hard about this slide. Patricia will not go down it. It is really long!

This one is almost arrow straight. Not my favorite either.
The swing is the place you will most generally find Patricia. She will swing for hours if you let her.





Patricia forgot the correct way to swing. She was having fun.

More of the big kids side.



This is the kiddie side. Much more my speed... I don't think I would fall off of this slide...lol.



Patricia cannot resist a swing...even if it is way too small. You should have seen us putting her in and getting her out. It was quite the show!! :):)

Katie of course had to have her turn. She would lay her head back and open her mouth really wide and cackle laughing. She absolutely loved the swing.


Around the park is a paved sidewalk that is for walking. The sign at the entrance says that to walk 4 times around is a to walk a mile. So Katie and I walked. We really enjoyed the cool breezes (hence the jacket) and the sun was just warm enough so you didn't get to hot.

This is Katie's new buggie she got for her birthday. Her Aunt had given her money and we put a little with it and bought this buggy for her. She seems to like it.

I guess I should go. It's getting late and I'm really having trouble staying awake.
Good night and sweet dreams.

4 comments:

Becky said...

Looks like you all had a wonderful time. There is snow on the ground here, so I would rather stay in and keep warm.

Mary Ellen said...

Where is that park? Never heard of it, it looks really nice!

Mom Watch said...

I hate those straight slides, too! Once when Landon was 5--he went down so fast he fell and flipped over at the bottom--lol. Great pics--glad to see you are here as well!

Anonymous said...

Aren't ya glad I showed you where that park is Gale? I really enjoyed taking my students there for our "End of the Year" party. I think, the climbing wall and 2 story slide are the biggest hits with the kids!