Friday, January 18, 2008

Kindergarten...Here we come!!

I went to the academy today to get the registration package we need to get Patricia enrolled in school. I was so excited to be getting ready for this big change in her life. I know that she is going to love school. And being an only child for most of her life (all of 4 years) the added benefit of being with numerous children for 8 hours a day will be such a blessing. Even with Katie here Tricia gets so bored. She wants to go find the other children and when they are not home or allowed to play, she comes home so sad. So, I really believe that school will be a great benefit to her.

In the meantime, we have been doing some art work together. She loves to paint, draw, build or what ever I can find for her to do. I thought I would post some of the work she has done this past year. I think that she is very talented and I'm looking forward to what she will be able to accomplish once she is in school with a "real" art teacher.

These were done in Ohio. I had gotten her a little book on horses (since that is the greatest love of her life right now) and each horse was numbered. Then if you turned to the back page of the book, you could see what the name of that horse was. So I helped her and we placed the stickers where she wanted them and I wrote the name of the horse beside of it. We are going to frame this and the next picture to hang in her room once we get her moved. We are switching rooms with the girls because our room is bigger and they will have more room to play. Tricia would like it decorated with horses. Since Katie is too small to make a decision about the room we decided to decorate for Tricia. Hopefully we'll be in a bigger house by the time Katie has a choice.

This was our first scrapbooking attempt. I had picked up the material at the Dollar Tree for practically nothing and when Tricia saw it she really liked it. I found some baby pictures for her to use and we created this picture. It hangs on the wall above her bed.
This door hanger we did the other night. Katie found it and picked all of the paint dots off of the center. We will have to add those back on soon.

This was our fist attempt at making molds. The moon turned out ok and the star was ok too until Tricia dropped it. Sadly one of the corners broke off. The heart is her handprint and we didn't do too well with it. You were supposed to put you hand in it after it had set a while and the hand print was supposed to bubble out on the back so you could turn it over and see the shape of her hand. It didn't do what it was supposed too. Nonetheless we painted it any way.

This set we found already molded. She had so much fun painting them. At first I wasn't too sure how they would turn out, but once they dried they were really pretty.



Tricia did this craft while in Pre School last year. I really liked it and so I hung it in my dining room under a shelf. I have had several comments onthis particular craft. I love it.


These are some random sticker pictures we did one day last summer. She did all but one and I think the one I did is the top left one. Anyway, she did a good job placing each sticker where she wanted it. Children have to tone their fine motor skills and this kind of craft helps them to control their finger muscles.


I just threw this one in. Tom picked this set of Squeeze n Brush paints while in NASA last week. We haven't had a chance to try them but when we do I'll be sure to post the pictures for you to see.







I went to Wal-Mart and bought several school books for Pre-K and we worked on them for quite a long time. I would pick the pages that I wanted Tricia to work on, give her the instructions on what to do and then I would wait to see how she did. I was pretty impressed. She did very well once she learned how to do the work. We have to get busy on the books again so she can get ready for kindergarten.

Well, hope you enjoyed the pictures. I must get off here and get ready for bed. Good night all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi.my name is Edgar. i come from Uganda East africa. i came across yoyy blog and its truly fascinating. i got to your blog link cz we seem to have a like for 24: keifer sutherland's hit tv series.
But most of all i find your love for children interesting. u must be a great mother! God bless you

ma blog is http://edgarkuhimbisa.blogspot.com