Monday, January 14, 2008

Another week is past and the weekend is gone. My usual mess followed today and so I had to straighten up everywhere. The floors were covered in toys and potato chips. The kitchen was a disaster from company and pizza last night. Monday's are always crazy.

I went to the office today and got wrapped up in some personal things and didn't get a thing done. I have to go back Wed and Thurs for a few hours. We still have not picked up any jobs to speak of so I am passing out my resume to other companies. We'll see what happens.

Tom is gone for another week. He is at NASA for the next three weeks. They are blasting paint off of a hallway that is about 600 ft. long and 35 ft wide. There was a worry about lead in the paint so the guys look like aliens right now trying not to breath in the particles. They should have the test results in this week to tell them whether or not they have to worry about poisoning. Tom seems to be enjoying his work up there. We sure miss him here.

I went this evening to clean off the carport and the temp has dropped enough that I had to go back in for a sweater. Thank God for the cooler weather. I will have to close up the windows tonight or the girls will get too cold.

The coons found my trash cans. AGAIN!! We have an over abundant supply of the critters. I can't stand to clean the mess up because they have had the garbage in their mouths. I make sure to wash my hands really good after the job is done. My nephew came over with Papa's truck and took all of the garbage to the dumpster. We don't have trash pick up here and ever thing goes into dumpsters at different stations on campus. I figured if I empty the cans and then just haul over my trash ever day, I won't have to clean up after the coons.

Well, I must get off of here and see about some supper. Chicken and broccoli for supper. I lost three pounds last week and I'm trying for three more this week. I have found that fish and chicken are better for you than any other meat. Add some steamed veggies and a baked potato and you have a very healthy and low fat meal. I'm really having a hard time sticking to this diet. The three pounds was encouraging.

Take care all of my blogging friends. God bless. Thanks for stopping by. Good night.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Congratulations on losing the 3 pounds. I am trying to watch what I eat and lose some weight, but it is hard to do. Keep me posted on how you do.

Leora Schenck said...

Losing weight can be so hard to do, yet so rewarding when you do get the pounds off. Keep encouraged! I am trying to lose weight myself. Every little pound I lose is an encouragement!

I had to laugh a little about those critters getting into the trash. That's one thing I definitely don't miss about living on campus. They were such a nuisance!

Hope you have a great evening!