Thursday, January 17, 2008

A sad,sad day!!

It's always hard to change from what you know as familiar and comfortable to the unknown. Today I had to make a major decision that I just did not want to make. My job has been going down hill for quite sometime. The construction world is rock bottom right now. People are scared to build because of the economy and I'm sure that this being an election year has a lot to do with it.

Today I turned in my resignation affective for January 25th. I just cannot get enough hours to make the trip or the cost of a babysitter worth while. I went for seven weeks before Christmas with out a paycheck because I was only getting 2-3 hours 2 days a week. I told my boss just to wait until the week of our trip to Ohio and give me a check for all of the hours. I think that check was for a whole 25 hrs. There just is not enough work to keep me busy for the boss to afford to pay me.

So today I decided to call it quits and try to pursue work elsewhere. The sad part is that my boss will be really mad. He feels like he paid too much money out to train me and bought a new computer, sent me to QuickBook training and paid for me to be a Notary. But I tried to tell him that is all part of the job. If you hire someone you pay money to hire them. There is always cost involved. There is nothing I can do about it. I can't stay in a stagnant pond.

Anyway, I am currently unemployed, or I will be on the 25th. I do have one resume out for another office job and I know that they are calling my references. So there may be an opportunity for me to be back in the working field soon. I don't want to work full time but I would like at least 25 hrs a week. I don't want to leave the girls for an 8-5 or something like that. This job that I have applied for would be part time. Maybe I will get it. We'll see.

4 comments:

Leora Schenck said...

Sorry to hear about your job. I know it must be hard. I will be praying that God will help you get another job soon.

Anita Marie said...

So sorry you've been forced to make this decision. But, where God closes one door He usually opens another.

Mom Watch said...

Don't feel guilty. It is undfortunate but a cost of doing business when these things happen and people must do what is best for their families. I wish you luck on the next position--hopefully the hours will work out for you. (Great to see you here by the way--I had no idea you were in here!)

Mom Watch said...

ok I am obviously typing in the dark --what is undfortunate? hahahaha.