Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day

We had a wonderful day on Monday. We woke up to no humidity and beautiful blue skies. I opened all of my windows and they stayed open until around three cuz that's when the sun moves to the west and we don't have any shade on that side of the house. It can heat up in here really fast.

We were able to have our dinner outside which was so wonderful cuz my house stayed clean. We grilled burgers and hotdogs. My mom brought bratworst. She likes to bake them in the oven so we didn't grill them. And then each family who came brought a salad or other dish to go along with the meat. It turned out so nice. We bought Patricia a pool and the kids had ablast swimming in it. We also bought a 16' water slide and the boys had so much fun sliding on it. Then the girls had their turn. Katie was in heaven. She loves water. We just had a lot of fun.

Now for some pictures. Enjoy!!
Fixing my favorite vegetable...Onions!! I learned not to cut off the end and my eyes won't burn.

Here is the Chef...He needs a bucket of water in case he starts a fire...lol.


I must have had something important to say. My mouth is open wide...lol.Some of the kiddos in the pool. They were just about to get into trouble for moving the slide into the pool.Katie in the swing soaking up the sunshine. It was such a gorgeous day.

I have a few more pictures but blogger is giving me trouble...GRRRRR!! I'll try to post some more later. Thanks for stopping by

Gale

5 comments:

Sarah Cook said...

thanks for all the nice comments! I hope your mom doesn't think I named my old van after her! Ha! Tell her Hi! My girls are dying to get in our pool! Love Ya!

Valerie said...

Looks like you all had a fun day. Are you going to make it up for camp? Hope to see ya.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog. It looks like the kids had a blast in that pool!

You mentioned having trouble uploading pics. I've noticed if I try and upload 3-5 pics at a time, it seems to take forever. But when I upload 1 picture at a time, it works REALLY fast. Sometimes it only takes 30-45 seconds when its only 1 picture.

-Jen

Allana Martian said...

This weather HAS been beautiful! It's hard to stay inside! Looks like your kids are enjoying the great outdoors, too. We have been hard at work updating our yard with new fence, gates, patio stones and sod. I'll be posting some pics in the near future.

Thanks for praying with us about Zack. Only God knows what's best for Zack, and we are praying that he will reveal it to us!

Eileen said...

Gale, enjoyed looking at your blog. Looks like you had a good time on Memorial day. As we did.
Want to share with you, my Mother and Father used to belong to a camping club with a trailor group. There are so many things they learned while in the group about camping. The thing I wanted to share with you is that if Tom has a good size spray bottle of water handy at arms length all he has to do is if flames start coming up to use the spray bottle then it will keep the flames down. Thanks for sharing.