Tuesday, June 3, 2008

A boy and his toys!!

I believe the old saying that boys and their toys soon grow into men and who still play with toys. They don't stop buying toys they just get bigger and more expensive. Tom was looking to buy a truck. He had his heart set on finally owning his own truck when he found this. That's definitely not a truck.

I keep ribbing him and telling him that this jalopy is a "hunk of junk." :):) He told me the other night that he was really offended by my calling his car this and would I please stop. He thought I was serious. I quickly informed him that if I thought his car was a "hunk of junk" then I wouldn't be putting these pictures on my blog. He soon calmed down when he found out I was going to let everyone see his toy. It really is a beautiful car. Too noisy for my taste. When he was ready to pick it up I had to go and get it and pay for it. On the way back home with the car, Patricia, who was sitting in the back of the car yelled up to me that "it sure was loud back here" to which I had to agree. That is one loud car. It sits so close to the ground and everything just rumbles. It has a corvette motor and that means lots of power. So far I haven't had the opportunity to see how fast it will go but Tom has had it up to 120mph. I really think he should double his life insurance...:):) That way I can afford to buy a black dress when he kills himself...lol.

Here are some more pictures of the car...

If you like it let me know. If you have a sports car that goes fast, please let me know how fast. Send me a picture if you want to so we can see it. And if you are ever in our area and see a streak of red with lots of noise zoom by, you can bet it's Tom (or me...heeheehee)

8 comments:

Lynn Ann said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Becky said...

Very nice:) They do love their toys. Tom's isn't so much cars as it is 4 wheelers. He now has 2. I don't think that they ever fully grow up;)

Anonymous said...

Just want to say thanks for your song this am. Wow! What a blessing! God truly used you to minister to my heart. Thank you both for the beauty of the song and the spirit in which you sang it. God used you!!

kayla said...

I was coming to your blog to say how much I enjoyed the song this a.m. also. Since Sonja has already beat me to it, I'll just say "mega dittos".
That's some car. Harold will be jealous.

A Moment in the Life of a Mother said...

Thanks to both comments on the song. The Lord really helped me sing that song. I was a nervous as Nelly...lol. Thank you and all the glory and praise go to Jesus.

loree2000 said...

TEE HEE! I am maried to a boy like that too! Except his toy is a loud Harley. Sigh....The worst thing is, he doesn't understand why I don't enjoy riding it! Hello, I have four kids to finish raising and I know enough people who have lived out their last moments on a motorcycle! That said, I know I could die in a car or in/on anything else but the chances are slimmer!

I love red cars! It looks great! And the best thing IMO....Is it's a chevy! :D

Stacey said...

I LOVE HIS CAR!!!!! My first car was a 1978 Z28 with T-tops. My dad had me help him fix it and if I didn't have what he wanted done by the time he came home from work, he wouldn't work on it at all! I still have fond memories of all the grease and gas and black under my nails, especially the part where my dad came home with a smile on his face because I had been sweating in the garage for hours upon hours. It makes me cry! Maybe Tom should keep this in mind when your girls need their first car!Maybe this one!;) Speed? Lets just say that a 350 motor with an oversized cam (my dad the car freak wanted) goes really fast, 110 on one particular night! My mom cried and cried over this car and promised my dad that if she had to bury her daughter that he would be next!!!lol We believed her but I was a really responsible teenager, pray that my girls take after me and not my 2 sisters!!
Congratulations on the sports car Tom, Get in there with him Gail or better yet leave him at home and drive it to Wal-Mart or something!

Mary said...

I know this is late, but I got to thinking about your blog today and remembered the car. When I saw the pictures, I had to remember the car you had in college and decided that your new car would would feel right at home in your family.
When my b-in-law was building a helicopter, I encouraged his wife to make sure he had plenty of life insurance and I would recommend the same thing for you.