Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mother's Day Memories

WOW!! This was last year at the Mother Daughter banquet. I posted this picture so you could see how big Katie has grown. Patricia was not with me last year but I made sure she was with me this year.We had a very nice banquet give or take a few problems. Tom was kind enough to come and take the girls home when the guest speaker got up to speak. I was able to listen without chasing kids. My mother could not go to the banquet because of work. She also missed Sunday. My baby sister Brenda went with me. She really wasn't sure that it was something she wanted to go to, but I think she had a nice time after all. Here she is in the picture with her favorite nieces.Something must have caught Patricia's eye in this picture. She was looking way off the other way.

This mother's day was a little difficult. I had about 2 hours of sleep on Saturday night because Katie had me up. She is cutting her 1st year molars and she has been so miserable. So I was one tired Momma. We went to my sister Sue's house for dinner. We took ham and mashed potatoes. It was nice not to have the mess at my house this year. We had a really nice time with family but I was so glad to get home and go to bed...lol. Katie went to sleep at Sue's house and when she woke up, Daddy kept her over there so I could rest. Thank you Sweetie. You're the best!! We ended up the day at church and then had friends in after church for snacks.

Last year I talked about my Mom so this year I didn't really post anything about her. I do want to say however, that I love my mom very much and I am so thankful for her. She is a godly example of what a Mother should be to her children. She has done so much for me and my family and the girls absolutely love her. She gives without reservation and doesn't complain about the money she spends. She is such a great Mom. I love you Mom!!

1 comment:

Mary Ellen said...

I thought it was so funny how many of us (including you and your girls, Kaitlyn and I did too) wore black and white that night...and I had no idea that was the colors they were decorating with!

The picture of Patricia holding Katie in the rocking chair is really cute. It is SO hard to take pictures with younger kids when other people are around, they'll smile with their face pointed in the right direction but they see something interesting elsewhere and look that way. I have many pics of my kids like that too!