Sunday, May 4, 2008

This and That

I don't know why it has taken so long for me to write a blog, unless you count working everyday, "babysitting" when I get home and all of the cleaning and laundry that has to be done each day as part of the reason. I guess in a nut shell, I've been really busy!! But the time has come to share with you, my devoted readers, a few happenings in our lives.

  1. We have been having some warm weather here in the south with no rain. Things are so dry and the grass is just burning up. My back yard still looks pretty green, but the front looks awful. You can sprinkle all you want, the sun just beats it to death.
  2. The girls have been wonderful. They are very busy little children. Tricia had strep throat which quarantined her to the house. Guess who was quarantined with her?? You guessed it. Mommy. Thank God Katie did not take it. The doctor was very concerned about Katie being so young. It must have devastating results on babies. I did find out that babies have their mommy's immune system until they develop their own which is around the age of 2.
  3. My sister Brenda moved back here from Ohio. She has been staying with us and sharing the girls room. They have a bunk bed with a full bed on the bottom so Bren has a place to sleep. All of her things are in her car so she really needs prayer for a place to live.
  4. Tom and I went away for a short trip on our anniversary. We ended up in Ft. Lauderdale at the Bass Pro Shop (his choice not mine) and the next day we went to the Sawgrass Mall. This mall is about 2 miles long my feet were feeling every step by the time we were ready to come home. I was so glad to get in the car and take off my shoes to stretch my feet.
  5. My cat Mitsi had 5 babies in my laundry room almost 4 weeks ago. She lost two of them but the other three are thriving. They are so cute. I haven't taken any pictures yet, but I will before I send them on to happy homes. Tom forbids me to keep one. They are so cute.
  6. The company Tom works for had a pig roast and we went. We had a wonderful time. There was a bounce house slide with water on it. Patricia really had a blast on that. They also had a horse for the kids to ride. That was the highlight of the night for Tricia. I took Katie home before the party ended. She was all tuckered out.
  7. That night we went to a Monster Truck show. It was my first time to see the show and I must say I enjoyed it. Tricia had so much fun. This was her first time too. She held her ears when they would "gun" the motors. She does not like loud noises. For the longest time she would run screaming to the house if an airplane or helicopter came over head. I think she was really frightened when we took her to a local air show and it was too loud for her. Ever since then she has not liked any loud noise.
  8. A couple of days ago Tricia was playing by the canal. She knows she is not allowed to get very close to the water, but her friends were playing by the water and so she had to be there too. One of the boys must have been mad at her because he pushed her and she went into the edge of the canal. Her skirt was soaked and part of her shirt. This canal can get 8-10 feet deep when the tide is in and Tricia can't swim very well. I threatened her life if she went back down by the water. Thank the Lord she was ok.
  9. My sister has a three wheeled bike and we mounted a child bike seat to the basket in the back. Katie loves to go for a bike ride. All you have to do is mention "bike ride" to her and she runs for the door saying "side, side." It is so cute. She loves to be out side and is so tan I'm jealous...lol!!
  10. Today we had Katie dedicated. I'm not going to say much about it except that if you would like to see it you can go to http://hobesoundbiblechurch.com/ and view the archive for May 4, 2008. I sang a song and my mom read a poem she had written. It turned out so nice. I have pictures but their not downloaded to the computer yet. I will post pictures later. It's too late for it tonight. When I post pictures I will tell you all about it.

Well, it's late and I must go. I guess this will about catch you up on what's been going on here in our little lives. We are still serving Jesus and trusting Him with all our hearts. He is the best FRIEND to us and we love Him supremely.

Thanks for stopping by. May God bless you.

Gale

2 comments:

Becky said...

So glad to hear what has been happening in your life. Been missing you not updating. Will pray that your Sister will find a place to live. Let me know if you come up for Nelsonville Youth Camp. I only live about 45 minutes from there and would love to meet you:)

Lenita said...

Just wanted to tell you how nice Katie's dedication was. Your song was BEAUTIFUL....you should sing more often!!
Katie is adorable.
God Bless.
Have a good week!