Wednesday, May 14, 2008

You always know when graduation gets here that things are going to be hectic. Being on a College Campus and having the students here all of the winter keeps all of us hopping. And when it is time for Baccalaureate you know everything's going to come to an end.

Tonight is the Baccalaureate service and so there won't be a regular prayer meeting. The Baccalaureate service is for the college graduates. The President of the college will either address the students or appoint the person who will. They usually talk to them about the commitments they have made and about going out and serving the Lord in whatever field they are called too. It is a very beautiful service and it is very special to the graduating class. There also my be awards and other things given out. I don't remember for sure. At any rate, I don't think I will attend this year.

Once school is out and the college kids are gone and everyone starts vacations and youth camps, things get pretty quiet here. We always look forward to the hustle and bustle of school days coming in the fall after the long summer.

One thing is for sure, we will have an exciting fall. Patricia starts school this year and we are so excited for her. We went to kindergarten open house and she was so shy. I couldn't hardly get her off of my hip. I'm sure that when she gets to going on a daily basis, she will lose that shyness. LOOK OUT Mrs. Deckard!! She has a lot of energy. The great thing is Mrs. D. will have all kinds of places to channel that energy!!

I just want to say "Congratulations" to all of the 2008 graduating seniors. My prayer is that you will be an effective Christian in the area that you are called. God bless each of you.

No comments: