Friday, May 16, 2008

I did it!!

For those of you who know what my job has been like, I am happy to tell you that I will not longer be employed after May 29th. I turned in my resignation yesterday and it was accepted without too much complaining. I have been with this company since February and I have not liked the job since about the first day. We get our income from bids and quotes. My job was to be the assistant to the owner and to keep track of his work, appointments, quotes, etc. Each day I have been given more work not itemized in my job title and I have become so frustrated with it. I just can't handle the job anymore. I'm going to pull my hair out.

Not only is my job the problem, but my house is falling apart while babysitters are there. My girls cry after me and want to know when I will be "babysitting" them. It really does break my heart each time I hear them ask that question. I just want to cry all the way to work and then I'm stressed out while at the job and worrying about the girls at home.

Not only is the house falling apart, but Katie (bless her little heart) has decided that she needs all four 1st year molars at the same time instead of one at a time. I have not been able to sleep more than four hours a night for quite some time. Thus we are dealing with a baby who doesn't feel good and a very CRANKY mom!! Don't get me wrong. I am not complaining. I will take the molar cutting over not having Katie. She is such a sweet and pleasant child and we are having a blast with her. I just am staying so tired from no sleep.

So I turned in my resignation and I'm going to stay home with my girls for a while until Katie gets a little older and Tricia is in school. Then I will be on the hunt for something part time during school hours.

Now for the biggy!! Please pray for me that I will be able to soon get some sleep. And pray for my husband that he doesn't decide to knock me over the head for being so cranky. Oh and also, please pray for Katie that she can get those teeth in and will start feeling better soon.

Does anyone feel my frustration?? :):)

6 comments:

Betty said...

So sorry your losing sleep and having to deal with a cranky baby! I know the feeling, the other night Meagan had me up from 12:30 am-3am. We are dealing with losing our babysitter and adjusting to a new one, and I think a slight cold too. We mom's get the joy of dealing with it all don't we? Hope you get some sleep soon and Katie gets those teeth in quick. Enjoy your time off after your job ends.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Ah yes! Aren't the joys of motherhood so wonderful? I'm sure your girls are excited about having their mommy at home more often.

Karen Carroll said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karen Carroll said...

Sounds like you have your hands full! Keep encouraged, though! You are a great mom!

Mom Watch said...

There's nothing worse than suffering from a lack of sleep. I am sure the kids will be thrilled to have you home again!