Thursday, May 22, 2008

Tid Bits

I really don't have enough to blog about these days. Just going to work and coming home. Staying tired alot from lack of sleep but other than that every things going well. Saturday was a beautiful day for me. I really didn't do a lot just relaxed. Tom put the door on the little closet we built on the porch and it was nice to get some of my dishes out of the pantry that I don't use very often. It freed up more room for groceries in the pantry. I don't have a lot of cabinet space in the kitchen so I have a tall pantry in the laundry room for groceries. We also were able to get our headlights/taillights on our bikes. The weather has been really warm here and where we live there are little tiny sand fleas that eat the fire out of you. They come out at dusk and when the sun is just starting to rise. They don't like the heat so they will bury themselves in the sand during the day and then come out as soon as it begins to get dark. They are often called "no-seeims" because you can barely see them. But when they are out you can get 30 at a time on you chewing and it is almost unbearable. Hence the headlights on the bikes. We usually ride after dark because the no-seeims are usually in bed...lol. And of course it is safer to have the lights in case someone can't see you after dark. I was able to get all of my laundry done which was a blessing. The floors got a good mopping and I cleaned one of my bathrooms. Saturday was just a day that I really enjoyed.

Sunday was a really nice day. I didn't go to service in the morning because once again I was up all night with Katie and I was so tired. Thank the Lord for my sister Bren who helped me get both of the girls ready and then took them to church. Tom went too but he wasn't quite ready when they girls left. I went straight to bed and was pretty well in lala land when Tom came in to kiss me goodbye. Mom brought a roast and potatoes with carrots for dinner. I added green beans and a salad. Dinner was really yummy!! I made it to church that night and then my sister Sue came over after church for some snacks.

Monday was back to the grind stone. Thank the Lord I only work until 2:00 so I'm home early to be with the girls. Tricia and I are counting down the days until I will be home everyday. She is so excited and is telling everyone that her mommy is going to be her babysitter. I just smile and thank God for my two special girls.

Tuesday evening we were invited to a friends house for the husbands birthday. We had cake and ice cream and the evening was so nice. It is so good to have such special friends. The Lord has been so good to us and we have so many friends that He has given to us.

Wednesday was another good day. We have been praying so hard for rain. Everything here is dying. Our yards look like short hay fields. It's all brown and dead. The Lord was so good and sent us a really big rain. It came down in sheets. You couldn't see anything for a little while. We were so thankful for the rain. I think that we have been about 6 weeks (except for a spitting of rain maybe twice for about 30 seconds) without rain. The rain was so refreshing.

Today was a beautiful day too. Do you see a pattern here?? :):) I'm so thankful that the Lord smiles on us and helps us to see the beauty in the days He gives us. Today was especially nice because it began to rain and storm around 2:30 in the afternoon and didn't stop until around 6:00. It was so refreshing. I made Tricia stay in the house and sometime during the storm she decided it was time to check it out. She slipped out of the house and I didn't know it. My sister went to find her because she (my sister) was already wet and didn't care if she got wet some more. Needless to say Tricia was a drowned rat. We got her in and changed her. I threatened her with bed if she left the house again. She doesn't like to go to bed even at bed time so she decided to stay put.

You remember in my previous post that I was really frustrated with the whole first year molar thing with Katie. She now has the two in on top and we are nervously waiting for the bottom two to start appearing. She has these big bulges where the teeth are going to come in but so far no sign of the teeth. Would you believe, as if Katie wasn't enough, Tricia decided that she needed to start getting her 6 yr molars. Help me Lord!!!! She isn't having too much pain with them but sure has been cranky. She just cries over everything. I'll be so thankful when the teeth in my life are finally here!! :):):)

Now for some pictures. Just a few to end this blog about nothing. Have a great weekend.

Look out Bill Gates. Here comes another great computer geek!!
Just relaxing on Mom's bed!!

Are you ready to Dose Do??

I think someone forgot the H2O!!

And last of all checking out all of the baby fashions.

Thanks for stopping by. God bless.

Gale

1 comment:

Lynn Ann said...

Hi Gale!
I just found your blog... did you find homes for the kittens?
I was wondering if I could add you to my friend's list on my blog:
lynnann86.blogspot.com

Have a great Memorial Day!!!!