Monday, October 13, 2008

We had a visitor on Saturday

While I am not squeamish or fearful of small bugs or spiders, I do have a problem with the bigger ones. This one in particular gave me the chills. He/she was perched on the wall beside of the back door where I was going in and out of the house. When I saw him/her I was a little annoyed that "it" decided to perch itself right in the path that would take me past it. The girls wanted to play in the pool and of course I was forever running in and out of the house ducking as I went by this thing praying it wouldn't like jump out on me. I was more worried that it might dart into my house unseen by me and be found in my bed. The funny thing was I thought it had a stinger the length of it's body until my wiser and smarter sister corrected me. There were two of them stacked together. We won't go into any details as to what they may or may not have been doing, but suffice it to say I was really glad I wasn't seeing a 3in. stinger. Does anyone know what this is?????



It finally disappeared sometime that afternoon and we haven't seen it since. I pray that it is now in buggy heaven and won't be back to haunt me.

6 comments:

Marea P said...

I must say Gale, that I DO NOT miss the bugs of Florida. It took me quite a while to realize that something on the floor in a room was not a Palmento (sp?) bug, but just a toy or something, when we first moved up here.

Becky said...

A very ugly bug;) I am with you I HATE any type of insect rodent or anything else.

kayla said...

It's a stick bug,and no we can't talk about what they're doing.

The Pastor of a Small Rural Church said...

I believe that is a walking stick. A palmetto walking stick to be exact, which is different from a palmetto bug.

Looks like you will have many more of those sticks walking around next year.

Charity said...

I had one of those in my bug collection in high school. It was 'dead,' but it walked off my board with the pin stuck through it~ yuck!
Obviously my humane killing method of sticking it in the freezer didn't work so well.

Allana Martian said...

We had one on our porch yesterday. James did NOT like it!