Friday, October 17, 2008

Tidbits

Where do I start. This has been a long and exhausting week. My head is spinning. Life has really become a whirlwind affair. One things for sure...I haven't had time to be bored. LOL!! I guess I will just highlight the main events of this week. You can guess the rest.

I think I told you in an earlier post that Tom left about 3:00 a.m. on Monday morning. He was supposed to be home by Thursday evening. Due to some conflicts with a worker his job was set back a half a day or more. As a result he needed to stay over for today to finish up. Then another job started having problems so Tom stayed up all night fixing their problem. He called me tonight to tell me he wouldn't be home until Saturday. I felt so bad for him because he works so hard trying to get his jobs done well and on time. I think the employee is not longer an employee. That's pretty bad when you get hired one week and fired the next.

On Wednesday my sister called me to tell me that I was to start training in the campus Post Office. This decision had been up in the air for quite some time and the other "candidates" just were not working out. Sue is to leave next Thursday for Youth Challenge and as yet no one had been selected to take her place. When she called me I was really surprised. I didn't think that I was going to get the chance to help her. She was desperate and called the gentleman in charge. He told her to call me and get my training started. Sue told me that she has prayed all of this time that things would work out for me to be her backup. I guess God will answer prayer in His own time even though we worry and are impatient. So I am working in the PO until Sue returns from her trip then I will not be back in there until Christmas. I will have to retrain...lol. **small brain, very small brain**

I took the girls to McDonald's on Tuesday night. Since school has started Tricia doesn't get to eat out much. I felt I couldn't spend a lot of money so we did the kids meals at McD's. While we were ordering our food we found circus tickets on the counter. They are for October 27th with two shows. One is at 5:00 and one at 7:00. I told Tricia that I didn't know if daddy would be willing to go again. We went a couple of years ago and were very disappointed. NO ELEPHANTS!! That's what makes a circus. But this circus says there are elephants. So we will wait for daddy to decide if he wants to go again. The girls are free with the tickets and one adult purchase. It works out pretty good because we only pay for two tickets instead of three.

I was so disappointed tonight because it was the first night of the Marriage Seminar at the church and Tom has to work. We had signed up to go but without him I feel like a fifth wheel with all of the couples there and me all by myself. We were so looking forward to this time of learning. Usually these seminars are done away from the church and you have to go and stay if you want to be involved. We were so excited because we wouldn't have to leave the girls with a sitter and be gone for two nights. And then Tom's job had to mess up. He was as disappointed as I was. We are going to do our best to be in the Sunday morning services. At least we will get to hear the speaker once. We are looking forward to Sunday morning.

I approached Seabreeze Community about trick or treat night. I have lived here almost five years and we have never had trick/treat in our community. The kids always went to another community for that night. I wanted my girls to trick/treat in their own neighborhood because it is a Christian community as well as a safe and controlled environment. I was really overwhelmed when I found out that we had a unanimous yes for trick/treat night. I have had a few people call me to say they will be involved. Not as many as I had hoped for but we still have a couple weeks. Some of the church families who live off campus will be coming in for a trunk or treat party too. They will park in the commons and open their car trunks to pass out candy. The kids will have a blast. And their candy will be safe. That's the main thing.

We went out to eat on Thursday night with my sister's Sue and Brenda. Mom came with us. While we were eating Katie was getting into Sue's salad. She was putting her lettuce in the Ranch dressing dish and then licking it off of the lettuce. After a couple of times she put her little face up in the air and said "AAHHHH this is good" to which we all heehawed. I'm sure the other people in there thought we were crazy. My girls are not quiet girls. When they say something usually everyone hears it. Sometimes that is so embarrassing. We had a good laugh and enjoyed our dinner. On the way to the restaurant, Tricia kept talking to her imaginary friend Kaylee. She has had this "friend" for about a year now. She is forever talking to her. On the way to eat I finally had to ask her to stop. She was giving me a headache. I told her to stop talking to Kaylee for a while or she and Kaylee were going to get into trouble. All of a sudden I hear Patricia say "Patricia." And then she says "what Kaylee. I can't talk to you I'll get into trouble." I had to hide behind my laughter because it was so funny. At least she was informing "Kaylee" of pending trouble if she didn't stop talking.

I must bring this to a close. My girls are tucked into bed and I think I'm going to do the same. YAWN!! I'm tired. Thanks for stopping by. Leave me a comment or two. I love to read them. Blessings!!

2 comments:

kayla said...

Sorry that you missed the first part of the Marriage Summit. Make your plans for next year.
We are planning on coming for the trunk or treat. My boys are very excited.

Mary Ellen said...

I have heard quite a few people talking about your great idea for the Trunk or Treat and campus trick or treating. While you may not have gotten very many RSVP's it sounds like there will be a great turnout!