Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Chocolate and a lot of laughs

It's always a privilege to get together with Christian lady's who share the same values and concerns as you do. Last night was our first Women of Worth meeting of the season. The theme was "Friends and Chocolate." We had a great turnout and the best little chocolate desserts. Here's a highlight of the evening.

1. We had a silent Auction. I took some little pictures for the bathroom with teddy bears and they sold. I bid on several items but I only won one of them - a puzzle for Tricia.

2. We did our annual Secret Pal sign up. This is the first time I have been involved with SP here. I had done it several times at other Church's and I'm really looking forward to it with this church.

3. We also had the opportunity to sign up for a ministry. There were several listed and I signed up for three -Secret Pal, Sunshine Baskets and Dorm Refreshments. I'm going to be busy...lol.

4. We were also asked to pick a time for a 15min prayer time for our Nation and the upcoming elections. I chose a time to pray but I may have to do it on the run chasing Katie...lol. It's the effort that counts, right???

5. Mrs. Mary Duren had a wonderful devotion about how our lives should be a sweet savor to God. Her devotional was so encouraging.

6. And last but definitely not least, we had the CHOCOLATES!! I love chocolate!! I have some pictures so you can see how delicious they looked and I can tell you they were scrumptious.

The fellowship was so encouraging. Tom and I have been here for going on five years and we are just now feeling like we actually belong. Sometimes in a church this size it's hard to get to know everyone. We are slowly getting to know more people. That is a blessing.

There were several ladies who sat at our table. Here are some pictures.

Brenda Robinson, Sue Pittman,Cindy Cox and Cheryl LeBeu


Tammy Joslin, Eileen Gerard and Tiffany Peters
Gale Wheatcraft, Brenda Robinson and Sue Pittman. Sisters enjoying chocolate.
Some of the decorations.



Now for the chocolates...

Peanut Butter Reese Cups

Chocolate Cupcakes with a strawberry on top drizzled with chocolate sauce

These were cupcakes and I don't remember what kind. They were delicious.

These were brownies with a raspberry sauce drizzled on them.

The decorations were done by Bev Waits. She always does a wonderful job. Talitha Bolsum made all of the chocolate treats. Very talented.

We had a wonderful time and nobody counted calories. Isn't that fantastic?? We just enjoyed the fellowship with our friends and ate lots of chocolate!!

6 comments:

Anita Marie said...

Awe thanks. I just gained 10 lbs by looking at all those yummy pictures of chocolate. :) Seriously though, thank you for your kind comment on my blog. I appreciate your prayers.

becky said...

Looks like a nice time. I know my mom enjoyed herself.

learning to lean said...

yes and as you could tell me and my sisters need a lot more chocolate...we are wasting away to nothing down here :P

Eileen said...

Gale I love your blog. It is beautiful, the background and the pictures of the WOW program, they are great. It was a good time for me, I don't have a lot of fellowship down here, so it was great to get together with the ladies.I also enjoyed the Auction, I did walk away from there with a few things, not the two things that I was really trying hard to get. The beautiful quilted wall hanging of pumpkins was one of those, our church secretary and I were battleing over it. I finally had to give in and let her have it. Then the other one was the scented oil burner, it was orange and fallish looking. I didn't get that either. I did get some candlesticks that I needed to finish off my fall decorating. Also a scarecrow to add to my collection. A beautiful bible cover. It is the first time I have particapated in the Auction, it was fun.I wasn't able to enjoy the chocolates like a lot of you were able. Though they did think of us who are diabetics, they had a wrapped sugar-free candy. So I was able to indulge a little. Oh, I did take in a drizzled strawberry. Thank you so much for being part of our table. Thanks so much for sharing!

Scott and Libby said...

Wasn't that scrumptous!! Talitha always does an awsome job, and the meeting was fun too:)

Allana Martian said...

I had a great time, too! I'm glad you posted pictures. I didn't think to take my camera with me. The chocolate was divine!