Monday, September 1, 2008

A quick update

First of all I want to say thank you to all of you who have assured us of your prayers. We are so feeling the love of our friends and the power of prayer. God is so good and I can't begin to thank Him enough!!

Saturday evening a lady from Children's Services showed up at our door. She was only about 25 yrs. old and very sweet. She came in and said that she needed to see the house and make sure that the girls had all of their needs covered. She went through the house and then asked to see the food supply. I showed her the cabinet in the kitchen and then opened the refrigerator. It was really comical the look that came over her face. Tom said her eyes got really big and she asked us if we always kept the fridge this full or had we just gone shopping. We told her that the fridge stayed full like this all of the time. I would have thought she would have realized this when she looked at us...lol. We like to eat and we like to eat good food. Everyone can tell!! :):) I had gone to the store on Friday afternoon before this whole mess started but I didn't tell her that. It's just a routine thing I do every week on Thursday or Friday.

She finally sat down with Tom and talked with him. She filled out her report and then talked to me and Patricia. When she got ready to leave we asked her where she thought this would go now. She very firmly assured us that she highly doubted that it would go anywhere. She said we would never see her again and after her report was turned in it would probably be placed in file 13. She was really impressed with our home and the care that our children receive. She could see instantly that there was nothing but love in our home.

So one hurdle has been crossed successfully. THANK YOU FOR YOUR PRAYERS!!

I will keep you updated as to what the State Attorney's office has to say. In the mean time, I'm going to enjoy my Labor day and thank the Lord for my children.

See ya.

~Gale~

6 comments:

learning to lean said...

God will never fail sis

Anita Marie said...

We are praising the Lord with you. I had my family, friends and church praying.

Becky said...

Thank the Lord. I have been praying and also Church, Family and Friends. You are loved.

Valerie said...

Glad that visit went well, still praying for you all.

Unknown said...

Glad to hear that things went smoothly with her visit. We'll be praying this is quickly put behind you.

Boog said...

My word!! I just got on here after a horrible absence. Sorry. It seems as if the government is always trying to get their hands on something. Thank the Lord things seem to be going well. We'll pray for you all.