Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Virtuous Woman

This past Sunday morning we studied about a Virtuous Woman during Sunday School. I have been reading the passages suggested to go along with this theme and last nights was so good. It was about Esther. WOW!! What a lady!! I am always impressed when I read about her. Some of the points that I got from the passage I read last night are really good. I thought maybe I would share some of them with you.

1. Esther was just a simple yet beautiful girl who had lost both father and mother. She was being raised by her Uncle Mordecai. They were Jews who loved the God of Israel more than themselves. APPLICATION: May I always love the Lord more than anything. May I always put Him first in my heart and life as Esther did.

2. Esther was kindhearted and loved above all of the maidens. She also found favour in the site of the King. APPLICATION: May I always find favour in the site of my Savior. May I always hear Him say "Well done" to me. May my attitude and actions show kindness and love to all I come in contact with.

3. Just because Esther became Queen she did not turn her back on her people or the God she loved and served. APPLICATION: Help me Lord to remember that no matter how important I may become in the worlds eyes, to never lose sight of my heavenly goal or the heritage that I am so blessed with. To always remain true to YOU!!

4. Esther stood for what she believed in and did now cower down when she was needed the most. APPLICATION: Lord help me to stand strong for what I believe in and to not cower before Satan. Help me to not be afraid to be the witness I should be and to stand up for what I know is right even if it's a risk to me.

5. Esther came into the presence of the King not really sure if she would be accepted. She came because she knew that her people were counting on her to make a difference. APPLICATION: Help me to come into the presence of Jesus unafraid with an open heart ready to be accepted. Ready to go out and make a difference in the world around me. To bring others to YOU in prayer. UNAFRAID!! READY TO RECEIVE!!

I don't know about you ladies, but I believe that Esther was a Virtuous Woman whose heart belonged to God. Above all of the riches that she was now a part of, she did not leave God behind but kept her heart in tune with HIM!!

God help me to be this kind of woman!!

1 comment:

learning to lean said...

you did very well on this blog..i love it