Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Grandparents Chapel and lunch

On September 12th my mom was privileged to attend the annual Grandparents Day Chapel and to eat lunch with Tricia. Tricia was in 9th heaven...heeheehee. She had a blast. My mom said that she had a wonderful time also. The lunch was good and I took Tricia's favorite to her from McD's. I did get a couple of pictures to show you. We only wish that Grandma and Grandpa Wheatcraft could have been here for this special day. We miss you and love you Grandma and Grandpa Wheatcraft. I get my turn on the 25th to enjoy lunch with Tricia. I'm looking forward to it.




Getting Tricia to smile and look at the camera is almost impossible. Her big smile says it all.
Grandma was looking very nice as usual. They had chicken sandwiches with fruit, salad and cookies. She is a diabetic and didn't need the cookies but she had her treat anyways.

They sure had a lot of fun. I am so glad that Tricia had one of her Grandma's with her.



I was never privileged to have a grandparent with me for special occasions. My grandma on Mom's side passed away when I was a young girl and we hardly saw my step-dad's mom. So I am really thankful that Tricia has one of her Grandparents living this close. Grandparents hold such a special place in our hearts.

Thanks Grandma for going to Chapel and lunch with Tricia. We love you!!!

3 comments:

kayla said...

My parents got to eat lunch with all three boys that day. I think it's such a great thing for the school to do.
BTW I don't remember ever peeking in your window. You were a serious senior that intimidated me.
When you first became my neighbor my first thought was "I hope she has a really bad memory".

Marea P said...

Hi Gale! I just started a blog page and found your blog on the Hobe Sound blogs. I read through a few of your blogs and it was neat seeing pictures of you, your family, and your mom. I think blogging is going to be a great way to keep up with family and friends. Hope to hear from you sometime.
Marea

Eileen said...

My husband and I were privaleged to attend the Grand Parents Day Chapel and Lunch also. Thanks to Lenita, she came up to me the week before and said I am trying to work it out so you and your husband can attend it. I think it was the next day I was told it was all worked out that we could go. I got to go in to work early and then after lunch went back to work. So I got to do both. Isn't God good? That is what God does. Thank you Jesus.
Thank you again for sharing.