Monday, September 22, 2008

God still answers prayer!!

Saturday was a day for running. I hate to shop, but we had to go and get some shopping done despite my feelings of dread and doom. We were going to find Tricia a new pair of church shoes and hopefully a pair of sandals that would fit Katie's fat foot...lol. When we left the house that morning, it was just me and Katie. Tricia had ridden in the truck with daddy and they were to meet us for breakfast. As most of you Moms know, sometimes it is hard to pray on a Saturday morning. Every one's home and like them you want to sleep in a little yourself. So I hadn't had time for prayer before leaving so I prayed while driving down the street. I told the Lord that my girls both needed some shoes and could He help us to find a bargain today. We had an unexpected dentist bill this payday and things were a little tight. I knew that to purchase an expensive pair of shoes was out of the question. We headed for Rack Room Shoes and found nothing. We decided to try Payless Shoes and we were able to find a pair of sandals for Katie. They were only $7.00 regularly $14.99. We found the same pair in a size 13 for Tricia but she just didn't have any growing room. So we weren't able to get her a pair of shoes. That store did not have a big selection either.

Later that evening after being disappointed about Tricia's shoes, I received a phone call from a friend who happened to clean out her daughters shoes. She had two pair of shoes that she wanted to give me. I was so excited because she mentioned that they were almost brand new and Tricia could wear them to church. I never dreamed they would be this nice.
These are Tricia's old shoes. She loved these so much because they "click-clacked" when she walked. She wore them almost every church day. We told her she would have to stop wearing them because her feet were almost out on the ground. Not to mention we couldn't find another pair like them. She was really disappointed.

These are the shoes that our friend gave us. Look at the heels. They are "click-clack" heels...lol. Tricia wore them around the house dancing and clicking through the living room. She likes them a lot.

These are the sandals we found for Katie at Payless Shoes. They fit really well and what a bargain.

So, I'm here to tell you that God still answers our prayers. And sometimes our wants. We really found a "bargain" thanks to Jesus.

2 comments:

learning to lean said...

i hope my baby gets better soon

Allana Martian said...

I love it! God is good!