Thursday, September 4, 2008

Ike, Noah and a stubborn little girl

Saying a great big "Thank You" to Jesus that Hanna is going to miss us. Now we are fervently praying that Ike will slow down and down size. He is headed straight for us and boy I'm NOT ready for him!! I think that the worse thing about these storms is that you stand the chance of loosing your electricity and that can be so tedious because of the freezer and fridge. Not to mention that the weather is still really warm and with no A/C the heat can be so depressing. Then there is the chance of loosing your belongings. I guess that is important too. Never the less, we are surely hoping that Ike turns or gets smaller before hitting us.

The college has been in school revival this week. I was there last night but didn't attempt it tonight. The girls were so tired by the time we got home last night and they were fussy so I thought I would wait and go tomorrow night. The speaker for this year is Randy Hines. He is doing a wonderful job. I watched the service via Internet tonight and he talked about Noah who didn't question God about the job he was to do but obeyed each command without murmuring or complaining. WOW!! Did this ever hit home!! When have we obeyed the explicit command of our Lord without complaining?? I fall so short of what I should be...but thank God, He doesn't throw me out for it. Noah didn't care what the world thought about the job he was doing. He just kept following Gods commands and his household was saved. I want to be that kind of person. No matter what the world may think, whether my friends agree with me or not, or if everyone is against me...I want to obey the Lord and walk in the light of His Love.

This week has been a little unsettling for us. We hardly slept on Monday night worrying about the results of the situation from last Friday night. Tom called the Sargent who is in charge of the case and he told Tom that he wouldn't be getting to Tom's paperwork until the weekend. We'll see what happens next. Also this week Tricia has had a couple of bad days at school. We are really struggling with her stubborn will. We keep trying to tell her that Jesus wants her to be good and to love Him. She isn't doing anything bad, she just is struggling with someone elses authority besides Mom and Dads. Her teacher and I talked today and we are going to work together to get this issue resolved. She is learning so much...I'm amazed at the phonics songs she already knows and she is learning to write in cursive. At first I thought that was the craziest thing but now that I've seen her writing, it isn't so crazy after all. The letters are actually easier to write because of the flow of the letters versus having to lift the pencil for letters in print. I was amazed at how quickly she is catching on. Her teacher says she will be reading by spring. I am so excited for Tricia and for the whole new world this will open up for her.

Tom has been home now for a few weeks. I miss the bigger paycheck but I am so glad he is not gone all week. Katie is growing faster than I like. She can say anything she wants too. I went to McDonald's yesterday morning and bought the deluxe big breakfast and we shared it. Katie's favorite food is pancakes. That's why we bought the big breakfast. There are three pancakes in it along with eggs, bacon or sausage, a biscuit and hash brown. I can give Katie some of everything and she eats like a little piggy. She calls them "canpakes." I laugh every time she says it. These days will soon be gone and I'm trying to squeeze every drop of enjoyment I can from her. One thing is for sure, they grow up fast. I'm already feeling the "empty nest" syndrome!! :):)

It's getting late and I still haven't had my bag of popcorn so I must go. I'm feeling a little bit sleepy now..."zzzzzzzzzzz." I should get to bed. Take care and God bless.

Gale

1 comment:

Misty said...

Sorry Trish is struggling with school. She is probably challenging to see who is really in control. I have a couple of strong-willed children myself and it is challenging at times. Being consistent, following through with discipline, and positive reinforcement have helped in our house.

I highly recommend reading "Shepherding a Child's Heart" by Ted Tripp. I am reading it for a second time now and also "Don't make me Count to Three" by Ginger Plowman. You can borrow that one if you want. She was also on the radio last week, Family Matters I think.....