Saturday, August 30, 2008

We need your prayers!!

Last night my husband and our oldest daughter along with our good friends three boys made a trip to town. They went to meet Brian the boys dad and then they all went to Wal-Mart. After having shopped for a while they were finally ready to leave. Patricia asked if she could ride with Brian and the boys home. Tom said yes and she went to ride with them. Something must have side tracked her because the boys left without her. Tom thinking that Tricia was with Brian left as well and headed home. He went to Brian's to pick her up only to discover that she wasn't with Brian. Tom came rushing home in a panic, yelled he was headed back to Wal-Mart and for me to call the store. I immediately called the store stating that it was an emergency and management answered right away. I told them that Tricia was there and the manager quickly told me that they had found her and they were keeping her safe with them until Tom could arrive.

When Tom got there the police had been called and there were four of them there. They called me right before Tom arrived and wanted to know where he was. I told them that he should be there any minute and they proceeded to inform me that Tom was going to jail for child neglect. I panicked!! They told me to get there fast and to have Brian come too. I called Pastor Loper who beat me there and was waiting in the store for me. When I got there, they were ready to handcuff Tom and take him to jail right on the spot. Tricia had been found wondering around in the parking lot by two teen girls. They brought her in the store to management. It was after 10:00 p.m. and there are a lot of drunks and pedophiles who live in the woods around the store. I can only tell you how thankful I am for those two girls whom the Lord used to protect Patricia.

When Brian got there the police questioned him again. Brian told them that the whole think was an accident. Each father thought Tricia was with the other father and it was a total accident that she was left behind. He also told the police that if Tom had to go to jail they would take him also. They were both at fault for the mess up. This really impressed the officer who then spoke with our pastor. He came and told Tom that he would not have to go to jail right then because he first of all believed in the "man of cloth" and was impressed with Brian's testimony. But that is not the end of the story.

The report was sent to the State Attorney's office and he will have to review it. He will have a lot more questions for us before he makes his decisions. Tom could still go to jail unless the Attorney's office throws it out of court. WE ARE PRAYING FOR HIM TO THROW THIS OUT!! We really need help in prayer that God would direct the Attorney's office in the right action and see that this was just an innocent accident by two very good fathers.

Our other problem is that Pastor Loper believes that the Children's Services will be called in to come and visit us. They will want to questions Patricia about her home life and care and about what happened last night. We are praying that God will intervene and that Child Services will not come. We have nothing to hide and our girls are very well cared for. They hardly ever get spanked. We know that sometimes Children's Services will twist questions to make a child answer in their favor. It has happened so many times before resulting in children being removed from homes when it should have never happened. We are scared and worried.

We are confident that God will take care of this situation but we also believe that the more people praying on our behalf can only help us. We are so afraid of what could happen and only the Lord can work this out. WILL YOU HELP US PRAY??? We need the Lord's help.

Thank you for reading this cry for help and for your prayers. God bless.

Gale

4 comments:

Anita Marie said...

You can count on my prayers. I am sorry you are going through this. God is faithful and He will help.
Psalms 91

Becky said...

Oh Gale, I will be praying. I will have my Church and family to be praying also. Love you guys.

Becky

Susie said...

I read your blog about your daughter Patricia!! I will be praying for you all!! God is able!
Susie Heskett

learning to lean said...

God will stand by us all and help us all sis..we dont know why God let this happen but i can say this..i know of one unbleiver that has been praying becouse of this.i thank God for you my sister..my wonderful brother-in-law and my two nieces..God has already been so good to us