Thursday, October 4, 2007

Over the hill and through the dale to the doctors we will go...

And we did!! Katie had her 9 month checkup today and the doctor was really pleased. She thought Katie looked great!! Her head is still bigger than normal, but now they don't seem to be worried at all. The soft spot on the front top of her head is just about closed. (I don't remember what that is called)

She weighed in at 20.03 #'s and was 28 and a quarter inches long. Her head was a little over 18" in diameter. She has lots of brains in there. :P She is still a little behind in some of the categories, such as crawling, standing on her own, and picking up food and putting it in her mouth. I'm not one bit worried about that becuase some babies just do things slower than other babies. She isn't on the floor enough to learn to crawl although she is crawling some. She loves to be in her walker and we walk with her a lot, holding on to her hands. She acts very smart and has learned a lot of things in the past 3 months. She says words and knows her name well. She can follow you wherever you go and moves like lightening. I am just so thankful that she is doing as well as she is. I was 39 when I had her and so many times babies with older mothers can have physical problems that can be detrimental. Thank God she is doing great.

In other news, Tom leaves again tomorrow and will be gone until Sunday night. He has been going away a lot lately, but we are praying that there will be no more Sunday's after this one. He has to do some training and the classes are only offered on Sat and Sun because it is at a college with weekly classes. He is really looking forward to getting this over with. Me too!!

I'm trying to think of some special things to write about. I've seen where a lot of people are doing things like "a perfect picture day" and "Tuesday 10". I'm trying to find something unique that I can do that will be fun and uplifting. Maybe I can....Oh. Well, I'll think of something soon.

Take care and God bless. Thanks for stopping by. Good night all!!


2 comments:

Becky said...

Your little girl is beautiful. I love her big brown eyes.

Samuel and Lynn said...

She is soooo adorable with all that dark hair!!!!
Can I add you to my friend's list on my blog?
--Lynn Ann