Monday, October 1, 2007

My Claim to fame!!

I read a friends blog and she was talking about her "claim to fame" so I thought I would blog about my "claim to fame".



When I was in college at Hobe Sound Bible College, I sang in the choir. We sang on Jupiter Island (a very rich community) at their theater. After we finished singing we stood outside and greeted the people. President Bush's grandmother was among those people and I was privilege to shake her hand and speak to her. She was in a wheelchair and her nurse was with her.



After that we were served a formal dinner in the Jupiter Island Clubhouse. I don't remember what I ate because I was so excited that I had met a "then President's" Mother.



My other claim to fame is, when I went home after college, I did some part-time babysitting for a doctor. One night the telephone rang and when I answered it, I heard this low, sultry voice on the other end. It was Raquel Welch. She was calling for the doctors brother. She talk to me for just a minute asking me my name and how was I doing. When I hung up I thought "WOW"!! I JUST TALKED TO SOMEONE FROM HOLLYWOOD!!

Well, that's my "claim to fame". What's yours? Let me know. I would love to read about it. God bless!

2 comments:

Leora Schenck said...

Hi Gale! Thanks for your comment. My husband attended Hobe Sound Bible College from 1999~2003. Our oldest two children were born there. We have a lot of great memories of Hobe Sound.

Jennifer is a great girl! We worked together in the Bus Ministry there in FL.

Thanks for adding my to your list.

As far as fame goes: I worked on Jupiter Island for Brooke Shields' Step~Mom (or at least that's what she claimed). :~)

Becky said...

Hi Gale, I too like to meet new people on the computer. I will be sure to add you to my site, so I can visit your blog. It is interesting to read other blogs. Talk with you soon