Monday, October 22, 2007

Late Night Ramblings

There's never a dull moment at our house. These two girls keep me hopping. I have been reading other blogs and wondering how you mom's who have so many children keep your sanity. Today...

ME: Patricia why did you hit the neighborhood girl over the head with a broom?
TRICIA: Because the other girl was being mean to me.
ME: What does that have to do with you hitting said first girl over the head with a broom?
TRICIA: I don't know! (note to self: Look up "I don't know" in the dictionary)

Ever have days like this????

Katie has started throwing fits. At the age of 10 months mind you. I change her diaper, she rolls over. I roll her back over, she rolls back over. I roll her back over, put diaper under bottom, she rolls back over. I roll her back over, replace diaper back under said bottom, latch one side, she rolls back over. I roll her back over, replace diaper back on said bottom, latch one side, and pray really, really hard she will NOT roll over again. She kicks and throws a tantrum because Mommy says NO NO and starts the process all over again. WHEW!!! Anyone feeling tired or is it just me????

Patricia LOVES horses. I've never seen a child who continually asks if she can have a horse of her very own. We went to the parade last Monday night to see her cousin Misty in the marching band. Somewhere near the end of the parade guess what we saw?? You guessed it - horses.


First words out of this child's mouth:

"Mommy, look!! My horses. Can we feed them? Can we pet them? OH, Mommy!! We have to go find them...I have to see them." I liked to never got her to come home with me!! Aren't they beautiful horses?



I have to remind Patricia that we live in a very close community and I think that the neighbors might have a teeny problem with a horse walking and doing the other things that horses do in their yard. She just doesn't understand. Round 2.

Hubby is out of town for the week. He is working in Lakeland Fl., and will be going to the Kennedy Space Center on Thursday. The Shuttle is going to lift off on Wednesday and Tom's crew is going to clean up the launch pad. Tom has never been there and so this is exciting for him. Even though it's work. I'm happy for him.

I get to "batch-it" for the week. Let's see...Do I cook or do take-out? Take-out wins!!

Good night all...

5 comments:

Eileen said...

I remember those days. I remember Sarah always was wanting a horse. When she was really little she kept asking if she could get a horse, daddy would say when you turn 11. That is becasue daddy thought the Lord would come before then. Well, guess what the closes thing she got to getting her horse is when she was out on her own and she bought knick knacks of horses and decorated her place with them along with the south western look. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

now gale you know my sweet little angel would never throw a fit on any one..how could you say that about my baby?hehehe

kayla said...

Glad to know that someone else is having diaper changing issues.
I took the boys to the same place you went to. Ants in the hay and outrageous prices will keep me from returning. The pumpkins are much cheaper at Winn-Dixie.

Betty said...

Gee, the diaper thing just comes with kids I guess. I have to chase Meagan all over the place to change her. It's fun. And I'm wore out before it's all over.

Boog said...

Bia has just recently started running from me on the diaper thing! She's 16 months old! Used to I could say "stinky-butt" and she'd run to Jetta's door for me to get diapers and wipes out of there. Now she runs the opposite direction and thinks it's quite funny. Can you believe Ive been buying said items above for 9 solid years now? Everyone on this green earth is gonna hear me shout the day that ends!!!