Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas

I'm so thankful for a wonderful and fun Christmas. We were all well and had lots of food to eat and gifts to open. We are so blessed!! Tom's parents came to be with us over the holidays. Tom was on vacation but I worked in the Post Office for several days. We really didn't go out much but stayed home and just enjoyed being with family. Tom and I did some baking to ruin our diets and we really had fun. I have a few pictures here but they are out of order and blogspot won't let me switch them around...bummer!! Anywhoo, I will try to tell you about each one if I can.

I am so thankful for Christ coming as a baby in the manger to give me Everlasting Life. That is what Christmas is all about. On Christmas Eve we went to the church for a special Christmas service. We heard the story of Christ's birth from four different books of the Bible and then a cute story told by Pastor Wolf to the children. It just set us all in the Christmas spirit. Usually, we read the Christmas story at home and sing some carols. Since we had heard them all at church we came home already "full" of scripture and carols and just settled down to some snacks and then gifts. We have always opened our gifts on Christmas Eve and our stockings on Christmas morning. Here are some pictures.

This first one is Tom's dad opening the drill Tom got him. Then Tom used it the next day...nothing like killing two birds with one stone...lol!!

Tricia was really hard to buy for this year. She is too old for toddler toys and too young for older toys. She did like this dog. He walks and swims in the water. She has had him in the bathtub twice now and really seems to like it.

Katie got five dolls. This one makes noises. She slept with all of them the fist night. Funny child!!


Tom with an afghan from Mom.




The story behind this blanket is that Tricia spent the night with Grandma and was cold the next morning. So grandma let her use this pink blanket which was given to her by her sister. My Aunt had made this blanket as a gift for Mom and it is very treasured. Tricia told Grandma she would like to have it for her very own because it was so warm. Mom wrapped it up for her and she was really surprised to open up such a nice blanket.



My husband thought that this was the perfect gift. I had seen this in the store and had commented how I thought that would be better for the toilet than the other kind of brushes you keep and reuse. He thought it was funny to buy this for me and made sure that it was the first gift I opened.



Grandma Bessie was the hardest one to buy for. She kept telling me that she didn't need anything for Christmas. I couldn't let Christmas go by without getting her something. Since she has not been working except for babysitting for me, I thought maybe I would get her some household things. We filled this large bag with all kinds of household stuff. She was shocked and pleased. It was the perfect gift for her.

Our tree before we opened gifts on Christmas Eve.

I have some pictures that we had taken at the church using the village scene from the Singing Tree to post at a later time. If you haven't had time to watch the Singing Tree in the church archives, you will want to watch it. I was so impressed with how well the choir did and all of the drama team. You will really enjoy and be blessed by taking the time to see it.
Happy New Year to all of you my friends. I pray that this year will be all that you hope for and more. God bless.
~Gale~

3 comments:

Edgar, Kuhimbisa said...

great family! it was no doubt a lovely xmas for ya. been long since i wrote on your blog. its alwas an inspiration reading about "a gal from the south" and a mom of pretty kids (and wife to a fantastic guy) who honors God!

Uganda is fine. wishu a blessed year!

Edgar

Anonymous said...

Wow, Katie has really grown up since I last saw her! Hope you guys are doing good. TTYL

Sarah Cook said...

Glad that you had a nice Christmas! Seeing all of those pictures of you all, made me a bit homesick to see ya! It certainly HAS been a long time!
Thank you for praying for us!
Love ya!