Monday, December 1, 2008

Our Thanksgiving Day

Thanksgiving Day turned out to be a beautiful day. Tom and I worked in the kitchen all morning in perfect harmony. We don't always get to do this and we really enjoyed just being together with each other doing the things we love. The girls were playing and having a great time too. Our weather was perfect!! I think the temp got to around 72 making the afternoon glorious!!

There were 25 people here and we all enjoyed being outside in the fresh air eating our dinner. We had some tables and chairs set up on the drive way and all of the food under the carport. There weren't any flies but we sure fought with the bees. They were everywhere. I didn't take any pictures of the food table but I can assure you that we had loads of food. The menu was:
  1. Turkey
  2. Ham
  3. Mashed Potatoes
  4. Potato Salad
  5. Baked Beans
  6. Green Bean Casserole
  7. Sweet Potato Casserole
  8. Candied Yams
  9. Corn Casserole
  10. Broccoli Salad
  11. Macaroni Salad
  12. Grape Salad
  13. Deviled Eggs
  14. All kinds of pies and desserts
  15. Wonderful dinner rolls

We were so stuffed when dinner was over. That night we ended up at Sue's for more desserts. Blueberry Cheesecake and Pumpkin Cheesecake. MMMmmmm good!!

I did get a few pictures. I'll post some later. We had a wonderful day. And all weekend we ate leftovers and relaxed. My mom fixed a pot of beans with the ham bone on Friday night and Darrell (my brother-in-law) made fried potatoes. That was really good too. I didn't have to cook all weekend. Now that's the way to end a perfect holiday!!!!

3 comments:

Allana Martian said...

My favorite part of Thanksgiving is all the leftover meals! We finished up our turkey on Tuesday with turkey and rice soup. I can't believe your menu! No wonder you were all stuffed!

Marea P said...

What a menu!! Did you do all the cooking? The desserts sounded delicious, too, especially since cheesecakes are some of my favorite desserts. :)

A Moment in the Life of a Mother said...

No, I didn't do all of the cooking. We all pitched in. I did do several dishes but not all. They were delicious!!