Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Birthday's

Today is my birthday...OUCH!! I turned 41 today. I can't get over how time flies. Yesterday I was 13 and getting ready for high school. Today I'm raising kids and starting them in school. I guess there are things I would have done differently if I had it to do all over again. I don't know what. I probably would have studied harder in school. I would have finished college. You always hear that hindsight is 20/20. We all can look back over our lives and see where we could have done better. Now I have to look forward and make sure that I do things right.

I told my Tom that I didn't really want a party. Maybe later in Jan. or Feb. when we are not trying to get Christmas gifts bought. Not to mention, Katie turns two on the 26th so there were three celebrations this month. It gets a little hard on the wallet. We are going to celebrate my day later. I don't mind.

Tom did "cook-up" dinner out at my favorite restaurant. My brother-in-law, Darrell, called me to ask if we could go to the Outback for dinner tonight. I told him I would check with Tom all the while having this suspicious feeling that something was not right. I call Tom and he says that he doesn't have anything cooked up for my b-day and yes he would love to eat out. We get to the restaurant and after a fantastic meal, the waitress and her crew arrive at the table to sing to me. My suspicious feeling was correct. I told Tom that he needed to repent for the little lie he told me...lol.

It was a nice night. Then we ended it with Wal-Mart and diapers. How fun is that??? Life must go on even when we turn a year older.

7 comments:

Valerie said...

Happy Birthday, Gale. Sounds like Tom did good, even if there was a little fib involved. HA HA! Outback sounds yummy! LOL

Betty said...

Happy Birthday! Glad you had a yummy meal to celebrate!

Betty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Betty said...

sorry Gale- if your wondering, the comment deleted was mine- it posted twice

Scott and Libby said...

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear Gale
Happy Birthday to you
Cha-Cha-Cha!!!!!

Allana Martian said...

Happy Birthday, Gale!!! Sounds like you had a blessed day! (the diapers were a gentle reminder of some of your blessings, huh?)

Marea P said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Presents, like not having to cook dinner, are wonderful. :)