Thursday, December 18, 2008

WOW Christmas Dinner

On Tuesday evening, our ladies group from church had their annual Women of Worth Christmas dinner. These dinners are always fun to go to because you never know just what might happen. Tuesday nights was no exception.

The decorations were beautiful. The food (prepared by our pastor's wife Sherrie Wolfe) was delicious. The entertainment was fantastic. Now to tell you just what all of these things are.

The Stetler Trio entertained us with piano music, violin and voices in song. They are phenomenal singers. They sang for us as we ate and then did a mini concert for us after dinner. Paul Stetler had our devotions. I thought it was the most beautiful part of the evening.

We then were visited upon by The Crooked Mouth Family. Now these people were really hilarious. They all talked out the side of their mouths pretending that their sister was bringing home a new boyfriend who happened to not have a crooked mouth but instead bucked teeth. We laughed ourselves silly at this "crazy family."

Last but not least, I had the privilege of telling the story. I was so sick with some kind of virus but the Lord helped me so much to make the story come alive. I was so honored to be asked to do this. The Lord let's people know their hidden talent just to make them use it more I guess.

Now for some pictures. I won't take time to describe them all. There are some of the cheese cake bar which I might add was fabulous. Then some of the table decorations. The last few are of my mother and I and my sisters. The last picture is of my sister Brenda. She had left before I could get a picture of her by the fireplace. The two girls with her are Chasity Pittman and Talisha LeBeau (center.)

I hope you are having a wonderful Christmas Season. We are so blessed for the gifts that God has given us. Keep Jesus first through this season.







3 comments:

learning to lean said...

the last pic is the best..hehehehe

Marea P said...

Looks like you had a wonderful evening and I'm sure you did great job on your story. I forgot how much you and your mom look alike. Does she still make her awesome fried chicken? All of us crowding into the little cabin your parents rented on campus, to eat that good home-cooking, is a fond memory.

Eileen said...

Gale I enjoyed your blog. Sorry I am not able to stop by very often. With no internet it is kind of hard.
I enjoyed the evening Tuesday night as well. Beautiful evening.
Again thank you for sharing.