Monday, June 30, 2008

Monday Madness

HI. I'm back from a short sabbatical in which I have been otherwise preoccupied. In other words, I've been watching a TV series called "Murder, She Wrote" and if I start a continuing series, I can't hardly stop. It's like reading Janette Okes "Love Comes Softly." Once I start, I have to finish and everything else has to wait. Sounds crazy I know, but I'm having a great time solving all the mysteries with J.B. Fletcher. :):)

There really isn't a lot going on here. We are in the middle of summer and every thing's pretty slow. The girls have been playing in the water trying to stay cool. We've been indoors a lot playing games and watching movies. Tricia is really into Candy Land. She loves to play and tries her best to beat me. She also has Don't Break The Ice. That one is her favorite. Katie and I are on one team (otherwise Katie knocks all of the cubes out with one blow) and Tricia is her own team. Katie laughs every time a block of ice falls. She is such a funny little girl.

Tom just returned this past Saturday night from Cape Canaveral. He was there for six days this time. He got in around two a.m. He was really exhausted. He is going back up tonight and then he will be done for the week. His vacation starts on Wednesday. When he came home he brought both of the girls a new toy. Katie's is this barn that plays music and has magnetic animals that she places on the barn door. Each animal says it's name and sound and then sings a little song. What's so cute is you can mismatch the animals and then hear both sounds and then a cute little song about two different animals. Tricia got a hand held game called V-Smile. Tom bought the Dora one and we can switch out the games. She is having a blast playing the adventure games. I think she played all day on Sunday...between church services and dinner. I finally had her go and lay on my bed with it because I was getting a headache from Dora singing and chanting Spanish. Dora is not my favorite character.

I haven't been in the choir here since before Katie was born and I have really missed it. Last night we had a Patriotic service and I was able to sing in the choir. Tricia sang in the kids choir with us. She was so proud to be able to go up there and sing. My mom said she sang her heart out. I couldn't see here from where I was standing, but I'm sure she was singing well. We had a guest appearance by Betsy Ross and her niece Susan as well as Abraham Lincoln. I really enjoyed singing with the choir again and I hope to sing some more.

I started back into Jr. Church. Sunday was my second service with the kids. We had 18 children with about half of them being bus children. I had forgotten how much I like to teach them. They have so much fun in the class. The age of my group is 3-5 and sometimes it is hard to find just the right story or craft for both age groups. The Lord is really helping me with them. Tiffany Peter's is my helper and she plays the piano. The kids sing their hearts out when they have music to sing to. I am rotating with another lady and her sister. That way I can get into some of the morning services too.

Well, as I said things are a little slow right now. I have pictures to show but I will post them another time. I don't like how Blogspot does their pictures. I always end up with gaps and the pictures are not in the spot where I want them. Anyone know an easier way to download the pictures?? Let me know.

Thanks for stopping by. God bless.

~Gale~

5 comments:

Making Memories 1999 said...

So glad you're back in the choir! I have some good memories of choir. I haven't seen the patriotic service yet, but I'll try to get on and see if I can see you! :-) Glad you are enjoying your summer!

Eileen said...

Gale you are right there is not much going on right now around campus.
I thought the Patriotic Service was beautiful. It was good to see you in the choir. I didn't know that you had been in it before now. That is great. The choir even with the children was so beautiful. Brother Going did such a beautiful job.
We are looking forward to Friday afternoon, to be able to go to the "4th" Community Celebration. The boys are really anxious.
Thanks for sharing.

Allana Martian said...

I really enjoyed the patriotic service, too! I just wish my kids could have taken part in the choir part. Was it open to all the children or was it invite only?

A Moment in the Life of a Mother said...

I believe it was open to anyone who wanted to sing. I found out through a friend who had her boys in it and I just took Patricia to practice. Mrs. Going was glad to see her. "The more the merrier"

Sorry you didn't know. Tricia had fun and is still singing the pledge song. Katie knows the first two words and one or two in the middle. When Tricia gets to that part of the song, Katie belts it out too...lol. So funny.

Unknown said...

Nice details....




regards
aegan stills, songs