Thursday, June 12, 2008

Did you say blonde??

Ok. Talk about having a "blonde" moment...I had mine last night-er-this morning. I went to bed around 11:30 last night and I was sooooo tired. I went into the bathroom to get ready for bed and I remember getting my glasses off the shelf and washing them. What I didn't remember was taking out my contacts. I went to bed and after some restless tossing finally fell asleep and the last thing on my mind was my contacts. I woke up around 2:00 a.m. thinking that I still had my contacts in. I told myself "You can't sleep all night with your contacts in. You have to go and get them out or they will be stuck to your eyeballs come morning."

So I got up and...yes people...I put my glasses on so I could see, and went to the bathroom. I remember opening up the contact case and seeing water in it so I poured it down the drain...not a good thing to do. I took my glasses off and then started trying to get the contacts out of my eyes. There were no contacts just eyeballs and it stung!!

"Oh no!!" My feeble brain at 2:00 in the morning could not understand where in the world those contacts could be. I panicked for just a small moment. I just knew they were floating somewhere behind my eyeballs and I would never get them out...heeheeheehee!! I know you are laughing at me.

I put my glasses back on so I could see (I am very near-sighted) and went back to bed. When I got up this morning I went back into the bathroom and tried to figure out what in the world happened to my contacts. The only solution I could come up with is that I was so tired last night, I didn't remember putting them in the contact case. When I got up at 2:00 and went back into the bathroom to take the "not-in-my-eyes" contacts out, they were already in the contact case and I poured them down the drain. Thank God that I had a box of each contact and could replace them without an eye doctor appointment. I opened up a new pair and all is well.

Now is that a blonde moment or what??

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Gail,
I know well about being groggy in the wee hours like that.

Just a thought, but there is a chance the contacts didn't go past the trap in the line below the sink. Usually something that light would, and it may be too late now anyway, and...you may have already considered it.

Just a thought. Glad you had a solution ready at hand.

Blessings,
Randy

Becky said...

That is funny. You remind me of one of my sisters, Julie. She was constantly sitting on her glasses or doing something crazy with her contacts, but her contacts were not cheap. I think they were like $150 to $200 a piece. Special ones.

Anita Marie said...

Hello Gail,

I am closing my blog down to Invite Only. So, if you want to continue reading my blog send me an email at amdalkin@gmail.com and I will send you an invite.

Lynn Ann said...

I am so proud of you!

Welcome to the "Blonde Club"

As I like to say, my LIFE is one big blonde moment! :-)

Allana Martian said...

That is too funny! By the way, I think you did a great job in Jr. Church with the kids. I know Nate enjoyed it, once he decided to remain in the classroom. :-)