Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's Day

No pictures to show. No big fancy stories to tell. Just a quiet Father's Day with our girls. Tom asked for a pork roast and I added mashed potatoes, corn in a wonderful butter sauce and a scrumptious blackberry cobbler. Tom was so full of dinner he had to wait until after nap time for his cobbler. We relaxed throughout the day and even napped a little. It was really nice to be just usn's.

I do want to note that I have a wonderful husband who is a wonderful father. This past week Tom had to be gone for four days working and we sure missed him. When he came home he went straight for his girls. They wrestled and played for a long time. His girls adore him. He is such a good Daddy. Sometimes correction is necessary but he never fails to sit down with them and talk about why they had to be corrected and hug and kiss them. Tricia of course more than Katie. He is a hard worker and never shirks from any job that needs to be done. Sometimes when he has worked so hard all week not getting home until late at night, he will get up on Saturday and work just as hard on the yard or cars or what ever needs doing.

Sunday morning was a wonderful message (which I didn't get to hear as I was teaching Jr. Church) and Tom was really thrilled with it. He received a nice gift from the church but alas, he didn't get anything from me. We had a mix-communication problem and so what he wanted I failed to get. We have it all straightened out now and I will make the dreaded trip shopping to get his gift.

I love you Tom and really miss you when your gone. Tricia and Katie ask about you all the time and we wait anxiously for your return. We would be so much less without you. I'm so glad you had a fantastic Father's Day.

Gale

1 comment:

Scott and Libby said...

Hey Gale=)
So nice to see you on my blog, thought I'd check out yours too. Love the lighthouse pictures. I've lived here almost 7 years and have never been up in that lighthouse. Thanks for those kind words about Leah she is a real blessing to our family. I too have enjoyed one of your precious little girls. Katie is so much fun to watch in the nursery. She really lit up when she saw you singing on the screen.
Blessings
Libby