Monday, July 14, 2008

I have learned my lesson. Never allow a child to cook unsupervised. It was an accident actually. Patricia was in the swimming pool with a friend and I walked across the street to my sisters house. I told Tricia where I was going and that I would be right back. "Don't go in the house" I said to her. I was at my sisters for about 15 minutes and when I left, I was met by my mother who was coming to find me. She was frowning and looking very serious. I asked her what was wrong. She said that Tricia had almost burned the house down. She had gone in the house and after getting dressed from the pool proceeded to fix herself some noodles. She did not get enough water in them and this is what we found...


This is what remained of the noodles. She said she put them on for 3 minutes, but it had to have been for longer. The smell was horrid.

The bottom of the bowl was melted almost through. It's a wonder my house is still standing. The microwave may never come clean again. The smell is really bad when you get near it.

I amaze myself at the smart things I do. I never dreamed she would try to make noodles. And she knew where I was but when she panicked, she ran for grandma who lives the next street over. She came with another sister and you know the rest. I may have to buy a new microwave. How can one person be so dumb. I'm talking about me not my daughter. Don't cry over spilled milk...RIGHT!!

1 comment:

Allana Martian said...

OY! I know the smell! Our microwave had a timer on it, but you had to push the timer button and then set the time and push start. Rebecca was notorious for setting the time and pushing start, but forgetting to first push the timer button. So the microwave would run and run (empty) for whatever amount of time she set it for. It eventually burned up the inside of the microwave. When I opened the door, the plastic on the inside frame was melted and stuck to the door. I had to throw it away. We have never replaced it because I think they destroy the good nutrients that are in our food, anyway. (Yes, we do survive without it!) I don't remember if we had any lingering smell or not! I hope you get it all aired out soon. I know it's quite stinky!