Thursday, March 27, 2008

New friends and a broken cell phone

Things come in pairs but it's so nice when one is a good thing. We had our very good friends, the Peters family, to move down from Ohio. They were wanting to relocate to a place where they could be in a Christian community, have a good school for their kids and hopefully find decent work. You don't always find everything you are looking for, but they were fortunate.
Brian Peters has been Tom's lifelong friend. Since grade school. They have done everything imaginable together. Tom was really excited when he found out they were for sure coming to live at Hobe Sound. They had been here several times to visit and fell in love with the area. Especially the ocean. They spent numerous hours playing at the beach in the sand.

Brian is working for Waterblasting doing training for a new position. Tiffany is a home maker and home schools the boys. The Lord willing they will be in HSBA next fall.

I met Brian and Tiffany over 7 years ago and since that day our friendship has grown. Tiffany and I have so much in common and I am thankful to have friend like her. They have 4 children, Darren, Brandon, Ryan and Kimberly. They are great kids.

So for all of you who live in the Hobe Sound area please give the Peters family a warm welcome. You won't be disappointed!!

Welcome to Hobe Sound Brian, Tiffany, Darren, Brandon, Ryan and Kimmie. We love you!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cellphones are such an awesome invention. I feel so much better when I go somewhere if I know my phone is with me and I can call for help if I need it. Everyday Katie plays with my phone. Tom is forever telling me that she is going to break it. I just keep on letting her play with it. It keeps her entertained when I'm on the computer. So far she has never broken the cell phone.

But guess what? Yea, you guessed it. I was riding my bike two days ago and I had it in my pocket. These were deep pockets too, but it didn't matter. The phone worked its way to the top of my pocket and fell out onto the concrete. The top of the flip part is broken and if you move it wrong, you will turn the phone off. I was so frustrated. GRRRRRR!!!! Why in the world did that have to happen?

So now I am looking for a new phone. Something really rugged. That a baby can't break. Ha Ha!! Now you know that cell phones are kid proof but not Mommy proof!!

No comments: