Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Christmas is in the air!!

The Christmas Season is rapidly approaching and with it the hustle and bustle of trying to get everyone that perfect gift, wrap it and get it under the tree, attend all of the parties you are invited too, create a couple of your own and pray for strength to make it through the holidays.

I for one love this season. Here are a few reasons why:

  • I love the feeling of excitement in the air and the look of amazement on the faces of my girls when they see a beautiful tree or hear an animated object play and jiggle to Christmas music.
  • I love the smells of cinnamon and ginger mixed with candied apples and big juicy oranges.
  • I love to walk down our lane and see all of the Christmas lights shining so brightly and I have to stop and ponder, "Does Jesus see all of the lights shining so bright to celebrate His birthday?" I believe He does!!
  • I love to see all of the shoppers arrayed in Christmas colors and Santa hats, picking out their special loved one a present.
  • I love to sit back with my tree lit and cozy up to Tom and watch a good Christmas movie...Maybe "It's a Wonderful Life" or "Miracle on 34th Street" or many other good movies.
  • I love when the weather turns cooler and we can build a fire outside and sit around it talking and laughing while drinking big mugs of hot chocolate.
  • Most of all I love the wonderful feeling of love and warmth that each family seems to share at this special time of the year. The beautiful fact the Christ came, not just for the rich and powerful, the beautiful and successful, but He came for me and you. He came with a purpose in mind, to die on the cross and show the ultimate Christmas love. To save the world from their sins and make a home for us in the "the sweet by and by!!"

There are so many other things to list but I just don't have the time. I have so many wonderful Christmas memories that I cherish and family gatherings that are so special to me. I thank God for them all.

Tonight starts the "Singing Christmas Tree" which is a really "BIG HIT" with the community. Hobe Sound Bible Church and College/Academy will give back to the community with a message of the salvation of Jesus Christ. We have thousands who come to the big tabernacle to see what we are going to do new each year and we have the wonderful opportunity of sharing the gospel with each one.

Pray for our singers and the drama team. The weather has cooled down considerably, but the tree still is really warm. If you would like to see the tree click here and go to live streaming at 7:00 p.m. and you can watch it. You will be so blessed and it will get you in the Christmas spirit!!

2 comments:

Maria said...

I think I need to stop and relax and take time to enjoy the month. It seems so busy that it's gone before I know it! Nice blog.

As We Sail... said...

Aren't there just so many nice things about Christmas?
I'll have to suggest the ornament game to our women's group at church.