Friday, November 30, 2007

An Ornamental Night

The holiday season is upon us and with that comes all kinds of fun nights with dinners and games. Last night was no exception. We had what is termed a "WOW" Christmas Dinner...Women of Worth. It was really a nice evening.
Every lady was to bring a wrapped ornament to exchange and an auction item. The cost was $10.00 for a catered dinner. The menu was:

Rotisserie Chicken
Mashed Potatoes
Cesar Salad
Fabulous bread with butter
Creamy Cranberry Sauce
Chocolate Cake, some kind of Pumpkin Spice Pie, and I think a Strawberry cake

The deserts were individual servings and were made so delicately. Everything was so good!!

The ladies in charge did a skit about shoppers who were not showing the Christmas spirit along with some Christmas songs by a ladies trio who were sisters. There was a game for everyone to play about Christmas carols and then the exchange of ornaments.

The lady in charge read a story about a boy named Right and every time she said the word "right, left or across" then you passed your ornament in the correct direction. Our table only had 6 ladies and so we were kind of spread out, but we made it work. I was not able to get to the store to pick up an ornament, so my friend Jen picked one up for me. It was already wrapped so I didn't know what it was. At the end of the story I was the only one at the table with the same ornament that I had "brought." I kept it and it was a Mosaic bulb. Very pretty.

Mrs. Duren had a devotional that was inspiring and then they had the auction. I didn't participate in that part, but everyone seemed pleased with what they had bought.

It was a wonderful night and a great way to start off the Christmas season. Tonight there will be a play by the High school kids and tomorrow the Christmas parade. Tomorrow night there is another auction with a Christmas Concert. Things are NEVER dull around here that's for sure!!

Here is a picture of my ornament. I brought it home and Patricia "oohhed and aahhed" over it and then put it on the tree for me. She is such a big helper.



Thanks for stopping by. God bless.

Gale

4 comments:

Leora Schenck said...

Sounds like so much fun and makes me miss Hobe Sound even more! Your ornament is very pretty!

Stacey said...

That is a beautiful ornament! i wish there were more things for me to be involved with, but is seems we're always running around crazy with a new baby! I have posted some pictures and things on my blog, I'll try to keep going at a reasonable rate, I feel bad knowing you check it and I'm so slow!!!

Michelle Kemper Brownlow said...

What a delightful event! Sounds like you had a great time - much better than shopping at 3am to celebrate the season! BLECH!

Becky said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful evening. I so enjoy the Christmas Season. My favorite time of the year.