Monday, December 10, 2007

Birthday Blues!!!

Well, the dreaded day has come and gone. Funny, I don't feel any older today than I did yesterday. I guess I was just dreading leaving the comfort of the 30's and entering into the 40's. UGH!! But I did make it through the day.

I told Tom that I did not want a birthday party. He honored that request for me with a very reluctant promise. But unfortunately, my other "friends" chose to take a different route. I came home from church early last night because of a very restless little girl and watched on the internet. FYI: www.hobesoundbiblechurch.com

Tom came home and within a few minutes that phone rang. My sister: "Come on over to my house for while and eat." Now wonder why she would want me over there?????

When I got there, she had a whole house full of people yelling "Happy Birthday" as soon as I walked in the door. I had pretty well figured out what was going on by the time I got there, but I didn't expect so many people. We had invited some friends for dinner yesterday and she had made me a birthday cake. Tom thought we should take that cake along with us to Sister's house. He knew all along the rat!!

I did get some nice presents. Hubby bought me a watch, the girl's got me some PJ's, one sister got me a hoodie sweater, the other sister got me a crystal dish with a lid, a friend gave me black popcorn (never heard of it but it says it will pop snow white...we'll see) and mom got me a beautiful white blouse to go with my Christmas jumper.

I guess all in all it wasn't too bad having a party. I guess I really wanted to spare the expense of the party, but my friends thought otherwise. Everyone chipped in and brought food and it turned out really nice.

So I enter another year being "older" and wiser and wondering what will be in store for the year.

Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

Leora Schenck said...

Happy Birthday!

A Moment in the Life of a Mother said...

Thank you Leora!!

Becky said...

Happy, Happy Birthday to YOU! Sounds like you had a wonderful one. Aren't Friends and Family wonderful? You gotta love them:)