Sunday, August 26, 2007

The Ugly Ducklings!!

My daughter has this infatuation with shoes. We can't go into a store but what she has to try on shoes. Big shoes, little shoes, spike shoes,boots - you name it, the child has to try them on. I guess this is a natural desire for her considering she is a girl, but I always cringe inside when we pass the shoe department at Wal-Mart because I know what is going to follow. "Mommy please let me see the shoes!!" and then off we go waiting for each shoe to be tried and discarded. When she finds the pair she likes, and if they are not too expensive, she usually wears them around the store. Someday she is going to be showing me her new shoes in jail where I will be for shoplifting. Maybe not. I just know that I dread going by the shoe department for all of the above reasons.

Lately I have been having some foot problems. My right heel especially has been hurting me on a steady basis. I became concerned and so started a search on the Internet. I thought maybe I have heel spurs, but with out a doctors agreement I really didn't know what was causing me so much pain. My sister Sue was having similar problems and told me about a shoe she found that she thought would help me. I googled them and found these shoes:



I must say these are definitely "UGLY DUCKLINGS"!! They are called Crocks Rx and are made specifically for people who have heel spurs and other similar problems. There are 3 kinds:

1. Relief - These are for the heel spurs and so on.

2. Cloud - These are for diabetics and the pair that I received.

3. Silver Cloud - These are for really bad diabetics.

I'm not real sure what the difference is between the 3, but I know that my feet are not hurting nearly like they were. I'm wearing them continuously. The sales man assured me that I would see a big difference in my feet by wearing them. I was thrilled!! No more sore heels. The sad part is the attitude of my very astute daughter. Patricia Ann informed that these were very "UGLY" and she wanted a pair. So off to Wal-Mart we went (because they are cheaper by $35.00) and we found them in a beautiful pink. Not only did we find them in Patricia's size but in Katie's size too. I'll be posting some pictures to collaborate this story :):)

Now for all of you women out there who say you would never be caught "dead" in a pair of those, let me assure you, I thought the same as you until my heels started aching. I was so thrilled with these shoes I wore them the entire day. Now my heels don't seem to be hurting quite as bad and I'm not limping like I was. While in Wal-Mart, Patricia was showing off her shoes to different children she would see and bragging on how pretty she thought they were. We came to this man and his daughter and once again she showed them her new shoes. She then proceeded to yell at me and said "Hey Mom, do you still have on your ugly shoes?" Oh were is a hole in the floor when you need one... She's still alive and I'm still wearing the "ugly" shoes. Thanks for dropping by!!



6 comments:

Misty said...

I came across your blog again so I added it to my reader. My girls love shoes too. We bought them the pink "crocs" from Wal-mart at the beginning of summer and they love them. Glad your feet are feeling better!

Kimberly said...

Hey! I like FL, but I'd never want to live there :) I can only take it for a few days, til I'm ready to leave again. :) Don't know why....

ANyways....it's good to hear from you! If you see Fullers tell them Hi for me. WE had some interesting and cold times in NY the last couple weeks!

Take care....

Misty said...

Gale, I have made one cover before, when Kaylee was a baby, but I just made it up myself and it wasn't the best, I still use it though. I did find this link http://www.sleepingbaby.net/jan/Baby/cart_cover.html
It is like the one I made except I didn't have the measurements. If you want, I can make you one. She says fleece is the easiest but I don't think you want that in FL!
Okay this is getting long, just e-mail me at misty@petersons.name if you want one. :-)

Judith Atnip said...

Hey, my sister and I have heel problems too. Hers are much worse than mine. I wear Rebok DMX to help me. I have to keep shoes on all the time.

Anonymous said...

"...husband to a wonderful man,..."
Just found your "other" blog! Nice clean attractive blog. BUTTTTTT, the FIRST thing I noticed was your Freudian slip in your description of who you were!! GOOD ONE.

NFS

A Moment in the Life of a Mother said...

Thank you Neil!! :):):)