Tuesday, August 19, 2008

School is here!!

Finally the waiting is over. Tricia was so excited to be able to go to school. Monday morning I woke her bright and early and took her to kindergarten. Tom took the morning off from work so that he could go too. I really did not know how she would react when we got there because when we went to Kindergarten registration, she was so backwards and wouldn't participate in any of the activities. She was like a leach clinging to me and I worried all the summer long about our first day. I started talking to her about all of the fun she would get to have and the new things she would learn. When I took her to class Monday, she went right in and her teacher helped her find her cubby for her book bag and shes. Then we found her chair and she sat and looked at books until time for class to start. She loves to play in the park and when she found out they would go there everyday for playtime, she was overjoyed. For some reason she is equally excited about going to the cafeteria for lunch. I'm not sure why.

I took some pictures but for some reason my camera is giving me fits. A lot of them came out blurry. GRRrrrrr!! I will post the ones that were the best. We missed school today because of Tropical Storm Fay, but we hope to be on track Wednesday. Pray that this storm won't become a hurricane as it looks like it will swing out over the Atlantic and then back into Florida for a third landfall. We can still get the winds and rain if it would become a hurricane and I think that 7in. of water is plenty for now. Plus we don't want to miss any more school.

Here are some of the pictures I took...

When I went to pick Tricia up I asked her how she had liked her first day of school. She said "It was so good, I really had a good time." I'm just praying that she will continue to love school and really work hard at learning. That would make me "pleased as punch"!!

Thanks for stopping by.

5 comments:

kayla said...

Go Patricia! I was tempted to peek in the kindergarten room when I took my boys.
Let her know that she'll see some old playmates on the playground. On second though that might scare her.
We too are ready for a little sunshine. We are thankful to be up on a hill since parts of our neighborhood are flooded.

Becky said...

I'm sure she will love it.
I am not envy of you guys for getting this storm. The one we had a month ago was enough to last me a lifetime:)

Allana Martian said...

She's all smiles! That's a great sign! With Mrs. Deckard for her teacher, how can she NOT like it? :-)

Valerie said...

Awww, she looks all grown up! So glad she likes it, it makes it easier to let them go. Hope your storm soon comes to an end.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how fast she is growing up! Did you get teary eyed when it was time to leave her? She will do fine and love school, I'm sure.