Saturday, August 16, 2008

Rulers,pencils,backpacks,uniforms and shoes...Shcools here!!

It's so hard to believe that my little girl is going to kindergarten this year. I don't have any baby pictures scanned into the computer yet so this is the youngest picture I have. Tricia is around 20 months here. And now she is going to school. Monday is the first day and I am so excited for her. She keeps asking me if she can go to school in the morning. I have to tell her not this morning but Monday morning. I don't know who is more excited...her or me!!


I took her to an air show when we first moved here. She is in the cock-pit of a plane in this picture. She was so afraid of the planes overhead and she still has a fear of loud planes. She finally overcame the fear of helicopters. I hope she can soon go back to the air show and enjoy it.


Tricia will be going to Hobe Sound Christian Academy this year and they have uniforms. I will get pictures of her on Monday in her uniform. We didn't really have a lot of school shopping because of the uniforms but we did have to get shoes. Her shoes have to be brown or black. I found these at Payless (the only shoe store to shop for great bargains) and she loved them. We are just hoping the little pink stripes will pass. If not we have to go hunting again. The were only $12.99 so we still have a great bargain and she can wear them for play if she can't wear them to school.
Then my husband had is heart set on a great pair of Sketcher's he wanted her to have. They were at Rack Room Shoes and cost about $40.00. He had seen them a few weeks back and showed them to Tricia. She really liked them too. But when we went to get them, she found these. Tom could not persuade her to change her mind. Not even the Sketcher's in pink...lol. What girl would turn down pink?? Anyway, she wanted these. That suited me fine since they were $14.99 instead of $40.00. Just another bargain the Lord helped us to find. And I think these are a nicer looking shoe than the other one's were. So she's happy and Momma's happy. The only thing we lack are tissues and hand sanitizer and that may have to wait until next week. I don't intend to shop today and those weren't on the list when I did her school shopping earlier. I will have to take them in next week sometime. I'll need a box of tissues for my self too as I'm sure I will be doing plenty of crying. My baby girl is growing up...boohoo!!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Cute shoes. It does not seem possible for school to be starting. How time flies.

Thanks for the comment. I have been drinking LOTS of water and not eating as much. I am excited, and just pray that I can keep it up.