Monday, November 19, 2007

YUMM YUMM!!

Thanksgiving is Thursday and my menu is all ready for me to start cooking. This year we have about 30 people coming to the house and weather permitting we will have a wonderful outdoor meal just like the pilgrims of old did. I'm excited about the fun and food that we will get to enjoy. The weather does look promising.

Now to bake and cook and clean. Lucky for me I have two bathrooms - one at each entrance to the house. Maybe the traffic will not flow through the rest of the house and I won't have too big a mess to clean up afterwords.

Later on that night plans are to make home made ice cream and start a fire in the outdoor fire place. My sister Sue has one and it will be just cool enough to enjoy the warmth while we eat ice cream. YUMMY!!

I hope everyone of you, my friends, have a wonderful Thanksgiving Day. We have so much to be thankful for. Just the freedom that we all share in America is enough to be thankful for. Here is a video that was sent to me that you might want to see. Be sure to turn on your speakers to hear the music. This is amazing!!

www.youtube.com/v/QZFkZiwMLZ4

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

P.S. I will be sharing the cooking with my family and friends. Didn't want anyone to think that I am super woman or anything...lol.

3 comments:

Becky said...

Gale, Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. Enjoy this time with your family and friends. I will be spending the day with my family at my oldest brothers house, and that evening at my in-laws. I ask that you would pray for me and my husband as we go to his family. There is a situation that I do not want to be around, but unfortunately cannot really get around it.

Thanks,
Becky

Stacey said...

Gayle, it sounds like you are going to have a wonderfully hectic Thanksgiving! I hope that it is filled with lots of food and love!!! Good thinking with bathrooms on each end of the house! All the muddy traffic through our house can drive a woman crazy and sometimes even worse is taking the shoes off and putting them back on 10 times a day! Happy Thanksgiving!

kayla said...

Glad that your day turned out to be great. My boys really enjoyed playing in your backyard that evening.