Thursday, May 6, 2010

Happenings and such...

WOW!! Time surely does fly when you are busy!! The school year is about to wind down. We have three more weeks to go and then it's relaxing time. I'm looking forward to it and so is Tricia. I'll be glad to turn off the alarm and sleep in for a while. Once school is out we are going to be house sitting for a lady I clean for. They are taking a trip to Italy and we are going to stay in their home and take care of the cat and dog. The girls are all excited about doing this. They love to play with Nelson who is a two yr. old Golden Retriever. He is a lot of fun and the cat is hilarious. We enjoy taking care of them and just relaxing in the air conditioning.

Tricia has been on the A honor roll for the last two quarters. I am so proud of her. She is doing so good with her school work. She is now about 4' 3" tall and weighs about 80 pounds. She is going to be really tall!! She takes this after her dad who is 6'2". I'm just a shorty...lol!! Tricia is the tallest child in her class by far. She gets to do a lot of errands and such for her teacher. She really enjoys the trust and attention Mrs. Brown shows her. Mrs. Brown is a great teacher!! I can now ask her to do some things in the house and can trust her to do them. She is a big help to mommy!!

Katie is getting so big!! I look at her and wonder where my little baby girl went too. She wants to go to school with Tricia and is waiting (if a little impatiently) for her turn to go too. I keep telling her that she has to stay with mommy for another year but she is ready to go now. She is forever singing and talking. She carries on conversations with herself all the time. Drives you crazy...lol!! She is my computer child. She is always asking to play games on the computer and many times I've found her at the keyboard just pushing the keys. I may have a genius on my hands and just don't know it...lol!!!

Tom and I are doing well. We just celebrated 9 years of marriage. We went to dinner and to Wal-Mart to celebrate the day...lol!! Exciting right??? Tom has moved to a different department at work. He is only working about 50 hours a week now instead of 60-70 and so we get to spend more time with him than before. He just recently bought a yellow motorcycle. He bragged to me today about filling up the gas tank for $11.00. HA!!! He has a really cool helmet and I'm always on to him to wear it. He obeys me pretty well...lol!!

I have been house cleaning on the island and for a couple people here in town. It's hard work but the pay is great. I'm only gone for about 4-5 hours in the morning so I'm home to spend the afternoon and evening with the girls. I don't mind the work so much but my house does get neglected somewhat. We don't mind though. We aren't too picky. I have made some new friends lately. One of my friends, Cheryl, has been bike riding with me in the evenings. I love to visit with her. She is such a sweet lady.

God has been good to us and we are so grateful for His many blessings and all the provisions He has made for us. We have seen some beautiful people pass away in the past few months and go to be with Jesus. It has just made us want to live all the closer to God so that we can see them again. That is one blessed assurance that will never change. If we will humble ourselves before the Lord and love and serve Him we have the hope of heaven one day!! Exciting!!!

Here is a couple pictures from Easter of the girls. Take care and God bless til next time!!!

No comments: