Tuesday, May 25, 2010

By the by....

We are ever pressing on!!!! That's the best way to say it!! School is winding down - just 3 days left. I am so happy to see the school year come to a close and summer to begin. I'm looking forward to no alarm clocks and sleeping in. School does keep us on a schedule, but it's nice to get to relax from the hectic to the laid back slow times.

We are minus a car tonight. Tom sold his beautiful camaro.

Now I don't have a sharp cool car to cruise around in...lol. Tom loved that car but we just couldn't afford to keep it and make payments on his new bike too. I'll have to get some pictures of the bike to show all of you. I'm not happy with the bike at all but he likes it. I just have to pray everyday that God will watch over him and protect him.

The girls are so excited for we are going camping this weekend. They loved it the last time we went (in spite of mommies misery) rain and all. There is a 20% chance in the forecast for rain but hopefully this time we have a tent that won't leak. I am dreading this little trip.

Here are some Easter pictures of the girls. One of them was taken with my Mom. Buddy is doing well. That dog drives me crazy. He is shedding so bad I have to sweep daily to keep it all up. I guess with summer coming on he has to shed some of the heavy coat he is wearing. Just wish he would shed somewhere else...lol!! ***sigh***

I've been trying to do some letter writing. I heard from a postal employee/friend that they are proposing to only be open four days a week with no delivery on Saturdays. The amount of mail being sent is so much less than in years gone by because of texting, emailing, etc. So I have been trying to write more letters the old fashioned way. You would not believe the response I get from people who never receive letters in the mail. It's almost outdated. And yet the recipient is so thankful to get a letter that they almost cherish it. I know when we receive cards during the holidays or on our birthdays, I am so excited to see them. Who would have thought technology would wipe out the post office???

It's been really warm the last few days. I let the girls play in the sprinklers today. They had fun. I was too tired to go to the beach. It's a lot of work getting everything gathered up to go when you have little kids who can't do a whole lot. Still, we will probably go before the weeks out. At least you don't sweat while you're at the beach...lol!!

Well, enough said. We are pressing on!!! God is still in control and He is taking care of us!!! Keep on loving Jesus and smiling!!! :):)

No comments: