Saturday, May 8, 2010

Busy Days!!

Today has been one of those days when time just would not stand still!! We started out the morning moving my mom to her new place. She was in a two bedroom house and she moved to a one bedroom trailer. We didn't have any help but a dolly and we were thankful for that. It sure helped with the lifting of the heavy appliances. Anyway, she is moved all but some small stuff and plans to spend her first night there tonight. Hope she sleeps well.

Tonight was our annual Mother/Daughter Banquet with our church. I was privileged to sit with my baby sister Brenda, Mom and my two girls. We really enjoyed our meal and the program that our very capable leader Mrs. Vernon provided. It was a fantastic evening and I for one came away stuffed both physically and spiritually.

Tom was supposed to go to town with a friend and eat and get me a gift for Mother's Day but when we came home he was still here. I guess his friend got tied up and couldn't go so Tom left and took Tricia with him. Moral support I reckon...lol!! She was eager to shop with him. I'll see them about midnight...lol!! Like father like daughter...something like that!!

Tomorrow is Mother's Day and I want to wish everyone a blessed Mother's Day!! We are the caretaker of the children God has so graciously given to us. We are responsible as mother's to raise and train them to be vessels of honor for God. What an awesome responsibility it is to be a Mother. Not only to train them spiritually, but to train them socially, economically and how to be proper young men and women. It's with honor that I train and raise my girls for God. Sometimes I fail and I am not a perfect mother, but I strive daily to be the best example that I can be. That is what God expects from us and if we do our best, all the other aspects of being a mother will fall into place.

Well, I still have floors to mop so I had better close this sermon...lol!! I'm wishing all of you Mother's a wonderful day tomorrow and the days to follow!! Enjoy your day and for heavens sake let someone pamper you!!!!