Wednesday, May 27, 2009

My girl

Today was Award Chapel at school. The elementary classes all met to see what awards they would receive. I was really impressed with the students who had excelled in all of their subjects. Then there were a lot of kids who excelled in a particular subject. Tricia didn't think that she was going to get an award. She was so surprised when her teacher, Mrs. Deckard called her name. She went to the front with a great big smile on her face. One thing I did not do was push her in school. By doing so I might have made her not want to study. Math was a challenge for her but even by now, she has done so well with her math and writing her numbers. She did very well in all her subjects.

Tricia's award was for writing. I think I may have mentioned before that in kindergarten they start out writing in cursive. Somewhere along they way they also learn to write in print but cursive is the preferred writing. Tricia has done very well with hers. I was so proud to see her get an award for her handwriting. She deserved it!!

Here are a couple of pictures. The first one is Tricia with her award.
The second one is one of the pages she wrote last week.

I'm looking forward to no more school for a while. The alarm clock can be shut off for now.

Thanks for stopping by. See ya.
~Gale~

1 comment:

Stacey said...

I can't believe she is writing cursive AND that well at that! That's as neat as I write.