Monday, May 25, 2009

Goodness, Graciouse, Me-o-My!!

How the time does fly. We have been so busy here in our little town that I have not been able to blog until now. I have been keeping up with all of you but too busy to type a blog for myself.

School is almost over. Thank God!!! I am so looking forward to sleeping in just a little bit longer in the mornings. Tricia has done so well. Her teacher was commenting to me the other night about her hand writing and how nice she thought Tricia's writing is. HSCA uses the Abeka curriculum and it requires kindergartners to start out writing in cursive. I was so unsure about that. I was also very surprised and excited to see how easy it was for Tricia to grasp the cursive writing. She is doing so well with it. She has excelled in her numbers too. At first we were having some difficulty with numbers and math, but she is now doing really good with them. Reading has completely stunned me. She can read short stories with 4-5 letter words in it. She just sounds out what she doesn't know until she gets the word right. She is a little slow at reading but we have been working on speed the past few weeks and she is doing really well. Now when we drive places she wants to read the signs that she sees. I really don't want her to read all of them :):) but she loves to sound out the words so they make sense. I'm pretty proud of her in case you haven't guessed already.

Katie surprised me about 2 weeks ago by telling me she wanted to go potty. Every few minutes she was taking off her diaper and going to the potty. She wouldn't do anything, just sit there and play. I would get her diaper back on and she would take it back off. This kept going on for a few days so I dug out Tricia's baby panties and we started training. She did pretty good the first day and then the second day she had four accidents in the play room. I decided that maybe what she needed was pull-ups. She could take them on and off like panties and still not be in a diaper. From that moment on she didn't want anything to do with the potty. AARrrggghhh!!!! Now we just take it one day at a time. I take her to the potty and sometimes we have success and sometimes we don't. One day she'll surprise me and start going all of the time.

Buddy is doing great. Tom bought him a jute rope to play with. They are not supposed to be able to tare them up but Buddy did. We got him another nylon type rope with big knots in both ends. He shredded it. Tom went to the flea market the other day and talked to a trainer. He talked Tom into this red thing that has holes on both ends. One about the size of a pencil and the other a little bigger than a fifty cent piece. Tom takes a teaspoon of peanut butter and mixes it with dog food and puts it in the bigger hole. Buddy will lay for hours playing with that and licking his treat out of the hole. This one he can't tare up. (My fingers are crossed)

We still have a busy week ahead of us. Tricia graduates on Friday morning. She is so excited. They will be doing a little program with singing and recitations. It's about the ugly duckling. Guess who is the ugly duckling. She cried...:):) I told her not to cry because the ugly duckling grew up to be a beautiful swan. Her teacher told her the same thing. It didn't help...lol. She was so upset. I'm anxious to see the program. Tricia get's to sing by herself and then has another speaking part with a friend. Hopefully I can get some video of the program to share with you.

Well, I leave you with a couple recent pictures of the girls. Hope you are having a great Spring. God bless.

1 comment:

Eileen said...

Enjoyed your blog.I can't wait till school is out too. We are now looking at Ruth and Ethan getting ready to go to Alaska, a week from tomorrow is Boot Camp, then on their way to Alaska.
We get the other two boys. We will have some fun. (I hope)Well, I am going to try. Have a blessed day!