Wednesday, November 12, 2008

It's party time!!







I told you all that Tom had a birthday on Monday. He told me he really didn't want a party but I couldn't let his b-day go by without at least a cake. So I had a friend who learned to make Wilton cakes bake him a cake and her sister decorated it. I invited family and a couple of close friends to come over on Tuesday night (as I had taken Tom out for his b-day on Monday the actual day) and have cake and ice cream. We left the time open because every body is so busy. By 9:oo pm everyone had arrived. Tom was working on a truck for a friend but stopped to have some cake. The whole cake was eaten. Every single morsel, save a very small piece I had put back for my mom. She ate that piece today. That tells you we had a great cake. Gifts were optional. I bought Tom a pair of basketball shoes and the girls got him a gift card for Lowe's. He says he is missing some tools so we were trying to help him replenish. His friend Luke got him this little helicopter that fly's. It's pretty cool. A boy and his toys...lol. His parents sent him money. I think he is planning to add it to the gift card for some tools.

Tom had a great time. He didn't want to take the time for cake but afterwords he was so glad he did. It was a great night and we all had fun.

1 comment:

Marea P said...

The helicopter looks like something Jeff would have enjoyed for his birthday as well. You are right about "boys" and their toys. :)