Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I am very saddened by the results of the election. I am not a big politician follower. I have never voted before this year. Not in the Presidential elections anyway. I found out this year what I have been missing out on. My chance to make my voice heard. Not audibly but by my ballot I let America know where I stand in this election. Did it turn out the way I wanted it too?? No it didn't. Am I going to bury my head in the sand and refuse to be an American because of the results?? Absolutely not!! This is still America! This is still my Country! I am still an American! I will stay right where I am and continue to be an American. The land of the free and home of the brave.

Do I think that there will be consequences as a result of this election?? There are always consequences by the choices we make. The Bible says that the Israelite children wanted a King. They in fact demanded a King. God didn't want them to have a king but they were adamant. So God let them have a king. The result was a ruler who was a tyrant. The children of Israel suffered greatly under his leadership.

As a christian, I am going to pray for Mr. Obama that God will direct all of his decisions. I am going to support America and trust that God is still in control and He will take care of His people. Will I suffer?? Probably. The American voices were heard. The people cried out for Mr. Obama. Now all we can do as a nation is wait and watch. We will soon see just what Mr. Obama's "change" really is. Let's just pray that it is the right change for America.

One thing I do know, is that while I don't hate the man, Obama, I hate the moral issues that he stands for. The very things that Mr. Obama supports, God abhors. As a christian, I cannot agree with Mr. Obama. As an American, I still have to support my country even though I don't agree.

So I will pray for Mr. Obama and leave him in the hands of a Just God. God is in control!! I do not have to fear. That is a POWERFUL feeling!!

3 comments:

amy said...

God instructs us to pray for our leaders and now (unfortunately) BHO is the one. I was thinking this morning how much easier to sing, "God Still Reigns," when we really think he's "reigning." God Have Mercy.

Susie said...

So true!!

Becky said...

I know tonight in Church, one of the Ladies wanted to know if we had to honor BO. We are studying in the book of 1 Peter 2:17 "Honor all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honor the king." Our Pastor said that we need to respect him in the sense of the job he holds, not as a person. Make sense? The lady said that she needs prayer in this situation with our new president. I think a lot of us will.