Monday, February 18, 2008

Bragging rights!!

"My heart is stirred
When ere I think of Jesus"
My heart is stirred and bubbling over. We just ended a wonderful camp and the Lord has been so close and real to us. I have been so encouraged in Him and drawn so much closer. The preacher's outpreached themselves and just about out voiced themselves too.
Rev. Marc Sankey lost his voice and we had special prayer that the Lord would touch him and Praise the Lord, he was able to finish out camp.
Rev. Benny Durr came from Cincinnati Ohio, just an ole country boy who grew up in Louisianna, but he preached like he was in heaven sitting at the feet of Jesus. I've never heard such inspiring and yet soul searching preaching for a while. He was so blessed one night that he laid over the pulpit and just cried like a baby. The Lord was so strong in the services and people moved. The alters were lined several times with young people and old people alike seeking a closer walk with the Lord.
I entitled this blog "Bragging rights" and here's why:
I promised the Lord that I would attend every service I could if I could just be free during camp. I want to give Him all the Praise because He helped me and I was able to attend almost all of the services. Patricia was in all but one of the youth services. I thank the Lord that He helped me to do this. Katie went in the nursery on Sunday for both services and I was able to listen without interruptions and I am just bubbling over!!
That's why I have "Bragging rights." Maybe that isn't a top priority for you and that is your choice, but for me and my house, we are going to serve the Lord. Come what may, whatever the devil wants to throw our way, I am DETERMINED that I am going to heaven.
God didn't promise us that we would have an easy road to follow. As a matter of fact He told us that we would be persecuted and made a mockery of. He said that we would be set apart and the world would know that we are different.
However, He promised grace and mercy. He promised to never leave us or forsake us. In time of trouble He would be there to help us through it. He promised that He would guide us and help us on this journey to heaven. That should encourage all of us who want to serve Him!!
I had to do some praying myself and ask for forgiveness for some things in my life. Praise His Name I can report VICTORY IN MY SOUL!! One area that He has been talking to me about is my prayer life. I am not consistant like I need to be. I promised Him that I was going to do better and with His help I will do better!!
I don't know about you my friends, but I don't want to go to hell. Hell is a real place. The devil is just waiting to pluck you and I out and drag us down to that awful place. We better be seeking the Lord while we can. We better be walking in all of the light that He shines in our pathway and if He says "Don't do that" we better obey. He is going to come agian, and when He does, I want to be ready.
Are you ready to meet Jesus?? Have your sins been washed in the blood?? Do you know Him in a personal way?? He's not off in a corner of heaven just watching letting us make our mistakes and fall down. We don't answer to ourselves. We answer to Almighty God. He will judge His people and I want to be found ready and forgiven walking as close to Him as I can.
If you don't know Him you can. John 3:16 says the He loves the whole world and that whosoever would come to Him would not perish but have everlasting life!!
What a promise!!

3 comments:

Allana Martian said...

Camp was very good, I agree! I had to mostly attend the morning services due to my work schedule but I enjoyed every one! Nate screamed his heart out in the nursery, so I had that to deal with. (Don't know what his problem was!)

Anita Marie said...

I love this post. You sound like you've been drinking from the well of mercy. Thanks for inspiring me.

sharon said...

just dropping in to say hi and that I enjoy your posts.