Saturday, September 22, 2007

A Fun Filled Day!!

Today was a wonderful day!! I took the girls out to Jonathan Dickenson Park for a picnic with the Christian Education Department from the college and the Bus Ministry from the Church. Even though I am not teaching right now, I was asked to go and we had a wonderful time. Unfortunately, I do not have pictures because alas, my hubby has the camera. He is in Orlando for the weekend working and was not able to go to the picnic. I was totally in charge!! WOW!! Do I feel special :):)

The weather was great although very warm. We were hoping for cooler weather since the sky was overcast but that was not to be the case. The drinks were gone before we were able to eat. We had a fellow there who smoked a hog and someone else grilled deer burgers. I am not a "wild meat" person but I did eat one of the deer burgers. It was pretty good except maybe a little more mushy than a beef burger would be. There didn't seem to be a wild taste to it. We also had several salads and lots of yummy deserts. I always eat more than I should at social functions but today was just too hot. A friend of mine rode out with me and we left soon after eating.

Pastor Wolf and his family and David Walker were coming to our house this Sunday evening and we had to cancel because of Tom's work. I hope this doesn't happen very often. Tom will be hunting a new job. He doesn't feel that he should be working on Sunday as it is the Lord's day and he won't make a habit of it. One of the other fellows had a car accident and hurt his back pretty bad. He will be off until the 29th. Tom had to fill in for him. We hated to cancel with the pastor. He seems to be quite busy going to other homes, but we had no choice.

Well, the girls are both tired from the park and Patricia is in the bathtub. I still have Katie to bath and myself plus sweep and mop the floors. Maybe the floors can wait....we'll see.

My prayer is that each one who visits my blog will have a wonderful Sunday filled with the Joy of the Lord. Find somewhere to worship tomorrow. You will be amazed at how uplifted and full of peace you will feel.

Goodnight and God bless...

1 comment:

Betty said...

sounds like you had a good time in spite of your husbands abscence. Hope it works out he doesn't have to work much on Sundays.


You've been tagged. Head on over to my blog and see the details